Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,151 Members 36,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Insufficient space error (only Whatsapp)... but plenty of it in all partitions

Tip us?

alb3rto
Old
(Last edited by alb3rto; 16th June 2014 at 12:11 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Insufficient space error (only Whatsapp)... but plenty of it in all partitions

Long time reader at XDA and long time Android user...
Anyway, here is the issue: I'm trying to update Whatsapp Messenger on my Samsung S Plus (i9001), with CM 10.1 on it.
I got the infamous "insufficient storage" error...

Here's what I did:
- I cleared the cache;
- I uninstalled whatsapp and tried to install it again: now I cannot install it anymore, same error;
- I tried both to download from play store and to install the apk downloaded from wa website;
- I've no problems to update all the other apps or install new ones!
- I checked the partions: more than 600MB on /data, more than 3GB on internal sd and more than 10GB on external sd... plenty of space everywhere.

I would really like to avoid doing a factory reset... any help appreciated!

alb3rto
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I attach the screenshot of the partitions...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-15-11-30-28.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	2801065  

shubhojit89
Old
Thanks Meter 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by alb3rto View Post
I attach the screenshot of the partitions...
I think i might be due to junk files in the /data partition which might not be accesible to whatsapp.. A randonm guess though..

Download CCleaner and scan for junk files.. Remove the files.. Then try see if that works..
The Following User Says Thank You to shubhojit89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alb3rto
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhojit89 View Post
I think i might be due to junk files in the /data partition which might not be accesible to whatsapp.. A randonm guess though..

Download CCleaner and scan for junk files.. Remove the files.. Then try see if that works..
Thank you for the input!
Long story short: I didn't install CCleaner, but actually looked for junk files in /data... I found two files left in /data/app-lib/com.whatsapp-1, deleted the whole com.whatsapp-1 folder with CM file manager (root mode), and I've been able to reinstall Whatsapp without problems!

Thank you dude