Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,710 Members 39,417 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Odin ex4 error

Tip us?

gallous_boy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Odin ex4 error

Please help I was currently on the EE branded firmware on my note 3, I download the Hong Kong latest firmware from Samfimware and when I tried to install at the end I got a error "ex4" . I tried another firmware BTU firmware same problem.

Getting message to connect phone to kies and enter recovery mode but keys not recognising he phone. phone is currently stuck in download mode.

1. Is the phone bricked?
2. What's is the solution? do I need to reinstall the original firmware, or any UK firmware?

Any help appreciated.

mukeshg121
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallous_boy View Post
Please help I was currently on the EE branded firmware on my note 3, I download the Hong Kong latest firmware from Samfimware and when I tried to install at the end I got a error "ex4" . I tried another firmware BTU firmware same problem.

Getting message to connect phone to kies and enter recovery mode but keys not recognising he phone. phone is currently stuck in download mode.

1. Is the phone bricked?
2. What's is the solution? do I need to reinstall the original firmware, or any UK firmware?

Any help appreciated.
i think your phone is 32 GB where as hongkong firmware is for 16 GB variant.try to flash other region rom like ND3 of france.

gallous_boy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshg121 View Post
i think your phone is 32 GB where as hongkong firmware is for 16 GB variant.try to flash other region rom like ND3 of france.
yes your correct my phone is 32GB. I thought it would have been the same. im currently download a firmware BTU uk NB7 is that ok to try?

mukeshg121
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallous_boy View Post
yes your correct my phone is 32GB. I thought it would have been the same. im currently download a firmware BTU uk NB7 is that ok to try?
not sure about BTU,i got stuck same as you then flashed ND3(XEF) successfully.

gallous_boy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshg121 View Post
not sure about BTU,i got stuck same as you then flashed ND3(XEF) successfully.
I'm currently download ND3 of the Netherlands, hopefully that will work