Ask a question

No registration required

Odin ex4 error

OP gallous_boy

17th June 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

357 posts
Please help I was currently on the EE branded firmware on my note 3, I download the Hong Kong latest firmware from Samfimware and when I tried to install at the end I got a error "ex4" . I tried another firmware BTU firmware same problem.

Getting message to connect phone to kies and enter recovery mode but keys not recognising he phone. phone is currently stuck in download mode.

1. Is the phone bricked?
2. What's is the solution? do I need to reinstall the original firmware, or any UK firmware?

Any help appreciated.
17th June 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallous_boy

Please help I was currently on the EE branded firmware on my note 3, I download the Hong Kong latest firmware from Samfimware and when I tried to install at the end I got a error "ex4" . I tried another firmware BTU firmware same problem.

Getting message to connect phone to kies and enter recovery mode but keys not recognising he phone. phone is currently stuck in download mode.

1. Is the phone bricked?
2. What's is the solution? do I need to reinstall the original firmware, or any UK firmware?

Any help appreciated.

i think your phone is 32 GB where as hongkong firmware is for 16 GB variant.try to flash other region rom like ND3 of france.
17th June 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

357 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshg121

i think your phone is 32 GB where as hongkong firmware is for 16 GB variant.try to flash other region rom like ND3 of france.

yes your correct my phone is 32GB. I thought it would have been the same. im currently download a firmware BTU uk NB7 is that ok to try?
17th June 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallous_boy

yes your correct my phone is 32GB. I thought it would have been the same. im currently download a firmware BTU uk NB7 is that ok to try?

not sure about BTU,i got stuck same as you then flashed ND3(XEF) successfully.
17th June 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

357 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshg121

not sure about BTU,i got stuck same as you then flashed ND3(XEF) successfully.

I'm currently download ND3 of the Netherlands, hopefully that will work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread