Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Full storage

Tip us?

kinder771
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Full storage

Hi,

I've recently rooted my HTC One X (unlocked,...) Erased data and all, but i can't get all my storage... Memory in settings is showing 1 gb free of 5 gb app memory and I can't install any app, whereas the internal memory is free and has been erased as asked.
I have used factory reset, wiping data from CWM but the app memory won't get erased and still shows me 1 gb free only.

What to do to wipe EVERYTHING on the phone ?

Thanks in advance !!

androidDany
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinder771 View Post
Hi,

I've recently rooted my HTC One X (unlocked,...) Erased data and all, but i can't get all my storage... Memory in settings is showing 1 gb free of 5 gb app memory and I can't install any app, whereas the internal memory is free and has been erased as asked.
I have used factory reset, wiping data from CWM but the app memory won't get erased and still shows me 1 gb free only.

What to do to wipe EVERYTHING on the phone ?

Thanks in advance !!
You can't erase that space because it is used by system files, it's normal to get about 5 GBs used by system folders (/system, /data, /cache...)

kinder771
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidDany View Post
You can't erase that space because it is used by system files, it's normal to get about 5 GBs used by system folders (/system, /data, /cache...)
Ok thx, then I only got 2 gb to install apps...