Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

T999V-Wind Mobile-TWRP problem

OP getochkn

14th June 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Not sure what you mean there, sorry. But you cannot downgrade your firmware, but you can flash an older rom from TWRP.

i want to use twrp,but cannot find partition, i want to downgrade to 4.1 ,then i can unlock my phone , but i have no way to finish it.
15th June 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,502

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcome2you

i want to use twrp,but cannot find partition, i want to downgrade to 4.1 ,then i can unlock my phone , but i have no way to finish it.

How are you trying to install TWRP? There are several ways to do so. Odin, recovery, Goo.Im app..... You can get the twrp files from my sig if you want to try those. No guarantee you will be able to unlock when flashing the 4.1.1 modem, let us know if it works for you.
15th June 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 497

819 posts
More
I had tried TWRP through Odin flashable and also Goo Manager. I tried 2.7.0 and 2.7.1, both Tmo and Can version, and none could mount anything . CWM through Rom Manager works great though.

I know, from my experience working on ROM's and getting the first Heimdall flashable package to upgrade the Galaxy S 4G from Wind, that the Wind models of phones are slightly different than the Tmo versions. It took me a dev a while to find the right files, lots of soft bricking ,etc, to figure out the minute difference to allow Heimdall to flash a package, and even then, Heimdall could never flash a modem to the 4G-Wind Variant. I even tried working with the Heimdall dev to find out why, and never could. Modems would flash from CWM or TWRP, but not from the PC, even though Tmo firmwares and ROM's worked, so maybe the Wind phone is slightly different in partition layout that CWM can adapt for, but TWRP can't. Maybe I'll contact the TWRP team and see if I can help them figure out why, although now I'm working a lot more than I was and don't have a lot of time to flash my phone 100 times and brick it and flash again like in the older days.
15th June 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by getochkn

I had tried TWRP through Odin flashable and also Goo Manager. I tried 2.7.0 and 2.7.1, both Tmo and Can version, and none could mount anything . CWM through Rom Manager works great though.

I know, from my experience working on ROM's and getting the first Heimdall flashable package to upgrade the Galaxy S 4G from Wind, that the Wind models of phones are slightly different than the Tmo versions. It took me a dev a while to find the right files, lots of soft bricking ,etc, to figure out the minute difference to allow Heimdall to flash a package, and even then, Heimdall could never flash a modem to the 4G-Wind Variant. I even tried working with the Heimdall dev to find out why, and never could. Modems would flash from CWM or TWRP, but not from the PC, even though Tmo firmwares and ROM's worked, so maybe the Wind phone is slightly different in partition layout that CWM can adapt for, but TWRP can't. Maybe I'll contact the TWRP team and see if I can help them figure out why, although now I'm working a lot more than I was and don't have a lot of time to flash my phone 100 times and brick it and flash again like in the older days.

As far as partition layout goes, all of the T999 and I747 variants are the same. I believe the Sprint and Verizon ones are as well, but am not 100% confident in that. You said you tried the d2can and d2tmo versions, but what about d2lte? Everyone should be just using d2lte now as ALL the S3 models have been consolidated into that one. Where did you download it from btw? You can get it from the link in my sig. I know for sure it works. (I think I still need to add 2.7.0.1 though. But 2.7.0.0 is there.)
16th June 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 497

819 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

As far as partition layout goes, all of the T999 and I747 variants are the same. I believe the Sprint and Verizon ones are as well, but am not 100% confident in that. You said you tried the d2can and d2tmo versions, but what about d2lte? Everyone should be just using d2lte now as ALL the S3 models have been consolidated into that one. Where did you download it from btw? You can get it from the link in my sig. I know for sure it works. (I think I still need to add 2.7.0.1 though. But 2.7.0.0 is there.)

I looked in your sig but don't see a D2LTE TWRP, only the 2.7.0 TMO one, which I downloaded from the official TWRP site, as well as 2.7.1 and neither worked. I also tried installing from Goo Manager. Maybe I'll try yours since it is a CWM flashable zip as opposed to an odin tarball and I have CWM working
17th June 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by getochkn

I looked in your sig but don't see a D2LTE TWRP, only the 2.7.0 TMO one, which I downloaded from the official TWRP site, as well as 2.7.1 and neither worked. I also tried installing from Goo Manager. Maybe I'll try yours since it is a CWM flashable zip as opposed to an odin tarball and I have CWM working

Ill have to double check that later. Been a while since I've flashed recovery. I know I am using the one in my repo though, so it should work fine whether its d2tmo or d2lte
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread