Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 53,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing Roms

Tip us?

mikep90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Flashing Roms

How will you go on about flashing customs roms to the stock rom in safestrap. I read on 4.4.2 kitkat that is the only way flashing a custom rom to the stock. And to go back to stock rom again after installing a custom rom. Does anybody have a tutorial or instructions on doing this. Last time i went messing with this mess my phone all up and i want to ask and learn how to do this before attempting anything. Please give me some guidance on this like a tutorial with step by step instructions from installing a custom and going back to stock again using safestrap.

posersk8r
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep90 View Post
How will you go on about flashing customs roms to the stock rom in safestrap. I read on 4.4.2 kitkat that is the only way flashing a custom rom to the stock. And to go back to stock rom again after installing a custom rom. Does anybody have a tutorial or instructions on doing this. Last time i went messing with this mess my phone all up and i want to ask and learn how to do this before attempting anything. Please give me some guidance on this like a tutorial with step by step instructions from installing a custom and going back to stock again using safestrap.
once you rooted nc2, install busybox. then install safestrap 3.72. rom slots are confirmed working but keep the default sizing once you choose a slot, and reboot is an issue so you have to long press power button.when making backups in ss 3.72 you have to compress it.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

mikep90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by posersk8r View Post
once you rooted nc2, install busybox. then install safestrap 3.72. rom slots are confirmed working but keep the default sizing once you choose a slot, and reboot is an issue so you have to long press power button.when making backups in ss 3.72 you have to compress it.

I thought if u was on kitkat that u could only install a custom rom on the stock rom slot and 1 threw 4 wouldn't work on it. I was trying to figure out how can u install a custom rom on the stock rom slot and than vise versa install a official rom back on the stock rom slot. So are u able to use 1 threw 4 now on safestrap

posersk8r
Old
(Last edited by posersk8r; 17th June 2014 at 07:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
I thought if u was on kitkat that u could only install a custom rom on the stock rom slot and 1 threw 4 wouldn't work on it. I was trying to figure out how can u install a custom rom on the stock rom slot and than vise versa install a official rom back on the stock rom slot. So are u able to use 1 threw 4 now on safestrap
only tried slot 1, dk on stock and dkx on slot, its working but i had some issues with the reboot. yes you can install a rom on stock but a word of caution, you dont have a lot of options of going back to stock if u mess up so flash at your own risk.
Edit; and the only way to go back to stock if you wanna use safestrap is a restore of your stock backup on stock slot.

mikep90
Old
(Last edited by mikep90; 17th June 2014 at 07:45 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by posersk8r View Post
only tried slot 1, dk on stock and dkx on slot, its working but i had some issues with the reboot. yes you can install a rom on stock but a word of caution, you dont have a lot of options of going back to stock if u mess up so flash at your own risk.
Edit; and the only way to go back to stock if you wanna use safestrap is a restore of your stock backup on stock slot.

so u say i can install on slot 1 and i can switch between slot 1 and stock slot meaning i go from one to the other without having to restore my backup or do anything

mikep90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
what is dk dkk. i want to install the s5 rom just for fun and do i need to backup my rom apps and data using titaium backup first so i wont lose all my apps and data bc i have to do a wipe a factory rest than after i would just have restore my backup. The last time i treid to restore my stock back it failed and my phone wouldnt boot up and i went to system recovery and did a wipe everything and than my phone was stuck the splash screen

posersk8r
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
so u say i can install on slot 1 and i can switch between slot 1 and stock slot meaning i go from one to the other without having to restore my backup or do anything
you leave stock slot alone and play with whatever kk rom you installed in slot 1.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote:
what is dk dkk. i want to install the s5 rom just for fun and do i need to backup my rom apps and data using titaium backup first so i wont lose all my apps and data bc i have to do a wipe a factory rest than after i would just have restore my backup. The last time i treid to restore my stock back it failed and my phone wouldnt boot up and i went to system recovery and did a wipe everything and than my phone was stuck the splash screen
look it up in development section, as with the other kk roms in there. dont flash the 4.3 roms youll be stuck at boot screen.