FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Can't install widgets under. 402

Thanks Meter: 31
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
As the title says, I can not find a way to install widgets on the home screen on. 402.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my Xperia 2 while my back was turned.
 
 
16th June 2014, 11:27 PM |#2  
Q.Entity's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavCom

As the title says, I can not find a way to install widgets on the home screen on. 402.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my Xperia 2 while my back was turned.

Enable that under settings -> security

Sendt fra Q XPERIA Z2 D6503
16th June 2014, 11:35 PM |#3  
SavCom's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.Entity

Enable that under settings -> security

Sendt fra Q XPERIA Z2 D6503

Thanks, but I'd already found that - and set it. That 'enables' widgets, but I still cannot set one up on the home screen.

Cheers
17th June 2014, 12:04 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
When on the lockscreen, drag the clock widget to the right, you'll notice you can move it, move it until you get a little plus symbol, tap that and there you can add lockscreen widgets (it will ask you to unlock your phone first before being able to add the widget of course).
17th June 2014, 12:11 AM |#5  
SavCom's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
Donate to Me
More
That's not quite what I wanted either, but a useful tip nonetheless.

I'm not proud, but I've found my problem. A widget that had died on the home screen and was invisible. I could not put a widget in that position until I'd deleted that old widget.

Weird.



Sent from my Xperia 2 while my back was turned.
17th June 2014, 08:31 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavCom

That's not quite what I wanted either, but a useful tip nonetheless.

I'm not proud, but I've found my problem. A widget that had died on the home screen and was invisible. I could not put a widget in that position until I'd deleted that old widget.

Weird.



Sent from my Xperia 2 while my back was turned.

Was it by chance the walkman widget?
17th June 2014, 10:57 AM |#7  
SavCom's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyIntruder

Was it by chance the walkman widget?

Heh - No. It was actually the UK Met Office's Weather Widget. Never given trouble like this before.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes