Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't install widgets under. 402

Tip us?

SavCom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Default Can't install widgets under. 402

As the title says, I can not find a way to install widgets on the home screen on. 402.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my Xperia 2 while my back was turned.
Current:
Sony Xperia Z2 running Stock kitkat
Asus Transformer TF101 running KatKiss (KitKat 4.4)

Previous:
Sony Xperia S | HTC HD2 | Desire (Drowned... ) | Universal(O2 Exec) WM6.1(with Sandisk 8 GB SDHC)
Wizard (O2 mini-S) WM6.1 | Blue Angel (O2 xda II) WM2003SE | Sony Ericsson K800i - my trusty 'thickphone'

My blog - Making the 'Net work / Follow me on Twitter - @savcom / Tried DropBox? A 2G Account is free

Q.Entity
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavCom View Post
As the title says, I can not find a way to install widgets on the home screen on. 402.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Enable that under settings -> security

Sendt fra Q XPERIA Z2 D6503

SavCom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.Entity View Post
Enable that under settings -> security

Sendt fra Q XPERIA Z2 D6503
Thanks, but I'd already found that - and set it. That 'enables' widgets, but I still cannot set one up on the home screen.

Cheers
Current:

Previous:
Sony Xperia S | HTC HD2 | Desire (Drowned... ) | Universal(O2 Exec) WM6.1(with Sandisk 8 GB SDHC)
Wizard (O2 mini-S) WM6.1 | Blue Angel (O2 xda II) WM2003SE | Sony Ericsson K800i - my trusty 'thickphone'

My blog - Making the 'Net work / Follow me on Twitter - @savcom / Tried DropBox? A 2G Account is free

TheOnlyIntruder
Old
Thanks Meter 63
When on the lockscreen, drag the clock widget to the right, you'll notice you can move it, move it until you get a little plus symbol, tap that and there you can add lockscreen widgets (it will ask you to unlock your phone first before being able to add the widget of course).
Phone History: -
Ericsson A1018s > Ericsson T20e > Nokia 3510i > Motorola V600 > Motorola V3x > Sony Ericsson K800i > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 > HTC Desire > HTC One X > Sony Xperia Z2 (Current)

SavCom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
That's not quite what I wanted either, but a useful tip nonetheless.

I'm not proud, but I've found my problem. A widget that had died on the home screen and was invisible. I could not put a widget in that position until I'd deleted that old widget.

Weird.

Current:

Previous:

TheOnlyIntruder
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavCom View Post
That's not quite what I wanted either, but a useful tip nonetheless.

I'm not proud, but I've found my problem. A widget that had died on the home screen and was invisible. I could not put a widget in that position until I'd deleted that old widget.

Weird.

Was it by chance the walkman widget?
Phone History: -
Ericsson A1018s > Ericsson T20e > Nokia 3510i > Motorola V600 > Motorola V3x > Sony Ericsson K800i > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 > HTC Desire > HTC One X > Sony Xperia Z2 (Current)

SavCom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyIntruder View Post
Was it by chance the walkman widget?
Heh - No. It was actually the UK Met Office's Weather Widget. Never given trouble like this before.
Current:

Previous: