Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more
Post Reply

Make my TMobile S4 usable in India...please...

OP gargyagotra

29th May 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Hi all,

I would like to start off by saying that i dont care about any warranty or any such issues. I had bought a S4 in US which i brought to India without ever activating on T Mobile network. This means that on contacting T Mobile, they are unable to send me any activation code which could SIM Unlock my device.

So now my only problem is to make my device usable. I see two options:

a) SIM Unlock
b) Complete removal of firmware and install some custom ROM, bootloader and other components to get rid of T mobile network


Problem is that i am a newbie and couldnt find any thread that could help me. MY device is updated to the latest version i.e. i am on 4.4.2 with baseband as M919UVUF9B4 and knox bootloader

Can someone help me out. I have already tried rooting the device and trying some apps which suggested that would help me unlock my device but none of them worked..

Thanks
29th May 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 39
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargyagotra

Hi all,

I would like to start off by saying that i dont care about any warranty or any such issues. I had bought a S4 in US which i brought to India without ever activating on T Mobile network. This means that on contacting T Mobile, they are unable to send me any activation code which could SIM Unlock my device.

So now my only problem is to make my device usable. I see two options:

a) SIM Unlock
b) Complete removal of firmware and install some custom ROM, bootloader and other components to get rid of T mobile network


Problem is that i am a newbie and couldnt find any thread that could help me. MY device is updated to the latest version i.e. i am on 4.4.2 with baseband as M919UVUF9B4 and knox bootloader

Can someone help me out. I have already tried rooting the device and trying some apps which suggested that would help me unlock my device but none of them worked..

Thanks

If you paid T-Mobile the full price for the phone approx US$500-US$600 (not the subsidized price) before you left, they should provide you with the SIM Unlock code. You may need to talk with another customer service agent. However, if you only paid the subsidized price, then you've broken the contract with them, and they won't. You'll have to contact a company that will sell you an unlock code.

As to rooting the phone, have you tried this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2294005 ?
If this doesn't work, you're doing it wrong.

Rob
29th May 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #3  
Skipjacks's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 3,938
 
4,993 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargyagotra

Hi all,

I would like to start off by saying that i dont care about any warranty or any such issues. I had bought a S4 in US which i brought to India without ever activating on T Mobile network. This means that on contacting T Mobile, they are unable to send me any activation code which could SIM Unlock my device.

So now my only problem is to make my device usable. I see two options:

a) SIM Unlock
b) Complete removal of firmware and install some custom ROM, bootloader and other components to get rid of T mobile network


Problem is that i am a newbie and couldnt find any thread that could help me. MY device is updated to the latest version i.e. i am on 4.4.2 with baseband as M919UVUF9B4 and knox bootloader

Can someone help me out. I have already tried rooting the device and trying some apps which suggested that would help me unlock my device but none of them worked..

Thanks

Flashing a custom rom will not allow it to work on a different network. The phone will still be sim locked.

Like the post above me says, call T Mobile and have them give you the code. If you didn't pay the phone off, they won't give it to you nor should they.
30th May 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #4  
HampTheToker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Murfreesboro
Thanks Meter: 211
 
508 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Chainfire's Region Lockaway app will SIM unlock in the process of removing region restrictions. I remember reading something to that effect anyway.
31st May 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Santa Ana,Ca
Thanks Meter: 14
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
For use chainfire's Region Unlock, you must be root.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th June 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
@Skipjacks & rlichtefeld: I have already tried calling T Mobile and they are not ready to provide me any unlock code since the phone was never used on the network. Yes, its paid in full but i am in India now and cannot do much from back here to fight with them.

Have already tried chainfire's Region Unlock but its unusable on 4.4.2.

Please suggest the ways in which i can unlock my phone which is on 4.4.2 with baseband as M919UVUF9B4 and knox bootloader and i request you to please do not assume that phone is blacklisted or the warranty be void. i just want my phone to work here and that's it.
16th June 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #7  
no_username_available's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 41
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargyagotra

@Skipjacks & rlichtefeld: I have already tried calling T Mobile and they are not ready to provide me any unlock code since the phone was never used on the network. Yes, its paid in full but i am in India now and cannot do much from back here to fight with them.

Have already tried chainfire's Region Unlock but its unusable on 4.4.2.

Please suggest the ways in which i can unlock my phone which is on 4.4.2 with baseband as M919UVUF9B4 and knox bootloader and i request you to please do not assume that phone is blacklisted or the warranty be void. i just want my phone to work here and that's it.

id suggest you find a website that unlocks phones, it usually costs less than 10 bucks or probably like 500 or so rupees but it should save you a lot of headaches
17th June 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_username_available

id suggest you find a website that unlocks phones, it usually costs less than 10 bucks or probably like 500 or so rupees but it should save you a lot of headaches

@no_username_available: Can you point to some unlocking websites that cost around 10 bucks like you mentioned?
17th June 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #9  
no_username_available's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 41
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargyagotra

@no_username_available: Can you point to some unlocking websites that cost around 10 bucks like you mentioned?

try this first http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2282683

http://www.theunlockteam.com/html/un...FQovaQod-VEAcQ
http://www.unlock-code-republic.com

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes