Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Random battery life decreaae

Tip us?

pannekoek28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default Random battery life decreaae

I've been monitoring my battery life since I bought my z1 compact since I bought it in the end of April.

When I bought the phone, I could get about 5-5,5 hours of screen on time. For the last 3 days, I get about 3-3,5 hours.

Is my battery already dead? I charge phone every night, even when it's not lower then 50. Is it bad to charge phone all night?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5503 met Tapatalk
did I help you? Please press the THANKS button

want to make a DROPBOX account? use THIS link and we both get a free 500mb bonus!
want to get even MORE space? COPY is a new service just like dropbox. Use THIS referral link and you get 20GB instead of 15GB for a lifetime! limited offer!

My phone specs:
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Android 4.4.4 Kitkat
Stock ROM 14.4.A.0.108
Root access: yes
Bootloader: locked, but unlockable

trewelu
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannekoek28 View Post
I've been monitoring my battery life since I bought my z1 compact since I bought it in the end of April.

When I bought the phone, I could get about 5-5,5 hours of screen on time. For the last 3 days, I get about 3-3,5 hours.

Is my battery already dead? I charge phone every night, even when it's not lower then 50. Is it bad to charge phone all night?

Download some wakelock detector, and see whether it is going to deepsleep at all or not. (I personally using betterbattery stat). If it is not going to deep sleep for a long period, try investigate what app preventing it.

I had issue last week when k9-mail had a data issue and try to sync all the time (i think...). It force the phone to never goes to deep sleep when on 3g/4g. As a result, my phone battery was down to 50 from 100 just in 5 hours!!

If you have a back up, try restoring it and update some app one by one (or alternatively uninstall app one by one) until you find the culprit. It will be easier if you use wakelock detector though

PS: at the very least, try to upload the battery usage screenshot
The Following User Says Thank You to trewelu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pannekoek28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Thank you. Sorry I didn't have much time yesterday. I will try to see if better battery stats will do the trick. I will upload screenshots when I see bad battery stats

did I help you? Please press the THANKS button

want to make a DROPBOX account? use THIS link and we both get a free 500mb bonus!
want to get even MORE space? COPY is a new service just like dropbox. Use THIS referral link and you get 20GB instead of 15GB for a lifetime! limited offer!

My phone specs:
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Android 4.4.4 Kitkat
Stock ROM 14.4.A.0.108
Root access: yes
Bootloader: locked, but unlockable