[Solved] [Q] T-Mobile HTC One Simlock unlock

Search This thread

alex93310

Jun 16, 2014
New Taipei City
First time posting a thread.

So I have my HTC One here, rooted, bootloader unlocked, installed Cyanogenmod 11, but it is SIMLOCKED.

I tried T-mobile support, and out of three times that I requested the unlock code from them they only sent me the unlock code once AND IT FAILED

I tried the Ultimate Simlock Code Generator 2.1 and it just didn't respond after I complete the survey before it is supposed to give me the download link.

I tried to find the UN_lock_code with this method from another thread:
To find your SIM UNLOCK CODE you need:

1) Root
2) Android Terminal Emulator (free from the market)
3) Your IMEI number (dial *#06# on your dialler)

There are 4 steps to the process:

1) Obtain your UN_lock_code from your phone
2) Calculate the key from your IMEI number
3) Subtract (2) from (1)
4) Unlock your phone

Step 1

Obtain your UN_lock_code from your phone as follows:

Open the Terminal Emulator app and type:

su [enter]
strings -n 8 /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 [enter]

It will output several lines of data (including your IMEI number)
One of the lines will be [eg] UN_Lock_code=063312345

Make a note of this number (This is NOT your SIM unlock code)!

Step 2

Make a key from your IMEI number:

a) Write down the last 7 digits of your IMEI number in this format: 1234 567

b) Reverse the 2 blocks: 567 1234

c) Add a 4th digit X: 567 X 1234 where:

X = the sum of the first 3 digits (If the sum is 2 digits, write only the 2nd digit)

[5 + 6 + 7 = 18 in the example above so X = 8]

[if the sum is 3, X = 3]
[if the sum is 17, X = 7]
[if the sum is 25, X = 5] etc.

Using the above IMEI number we get:

567 8 1234 (= the key)

Step 3

Perform a simple sum.

UN_Lock_code [step 1] – key [step 2] = SIM UNLOCK CODE

e.g. 063312345 - 56781234 = 6 531 111

This needs to be an 8-digit number, so add a zero at the beginning if necessary

YOUR SIM UNLOCK CODE IS: 0653 1111
But I got stuck on the first step already because I couldn't even find where the UN_lock_code in the lines of data.

I looked up everywhere else and the rest of the internet just told me to pay to unlock from some random apps on Google Play Store.

I am in Taiwan now so some of the T-Mobile support pages aren't even reachable (error 500), not to mention going to a T-Mobile store.
So what is my best bet now? Is it because I have Cyanogenmod 11? Are there any other ways to unlock the simlock? Or should I just pay for it and get over with this quickly?

Thank you in advance!! :)

Last edited:

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford

So I have my HTC One here, rooted, bootloader unlocked, installed Cyanogenmod 11, but it is SIMLOCKED.

I tried T-mobile support, and out of three times that I requested the unlock code from them they only sent me the unlock code once AND IT FAILED

I tried the Ultimate Simlock Code Generator 2.1 and it just didn't respond after I complete the survey before it is supposed to give me the download link.

But I got stuck on the first step already because I couldn't even find where the UN_lock_code in the lines of data.

I looked up everywhere else and the rest of the internet just told me to pay to unlock from some random apps on Google Play Store.

I am in Taiwan now so some of the T-Mobile support pages aren't even reachable (error 500), not to mention going to a T-Mobile store.
So what is my best bet now? Is it because I have Cyanogenmod 11? Are there any other ways to unlock the simlock? Or should I just pay for it and get over with this quickly?

Sim unlock code only works with a stock rom. Install the stock rom and try again

Reactions: alex93310

alex93310

Jun 16, 2014
New Taipei City
Yes you need to be on stock rom. There is many threads here about this.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Do you mean any rom with sense 5.0 and Android 4.2?
I'm not sure how many times I've already tried and failed to enter the correct unlock code, so I have few chances of error.
I just flashed the android revolution stock odex. Will this work?

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Reactions: alex93310

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sim unlock code only works with a stock rom. Install the stock rom and try again
    Are you sure? Most other sources say that ROM doesn't matter. I will try it though.

Yes you need to be on stock rom. There is many threads here about this.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
    Do you mean any rom with sense 5.0 and Android 4.2?
    I'm not sure how many times I've already tried and failed to enter the correct unlock code, so I have few chances of error.
    I just flashed the android revolution stock odex. Will this work?

well if i was you, id install the T-Mobile stock since its them you got the sim unlock code from,
    Thank you all for the advice! I flashed the original T-Mobile ROM found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2353812
    and entered the unlocking code T-Mobile gave me the first time and it worked! I don't have to carry around 2 phones anymore! :laugh:

Pleased youve got it to work now. Can you add solved to your post title please. Edit-Advanced.