How I Root a Rom whit Knox bootloader and appl (from I9205):
- First of all I have a appl superuser.apk (SuperSU v1.80) on extSdCard. For now I prefer this version.
- Flash by Odin the i920x-cwm-recovery.tar.md5.
- (For now I prefer the PhilZ-touch-recovery-188.8.131.52
. Thanks @Phil3759
- Power off. On recovery by Power + Vol-up I flash the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip
from Chainfire. Thanks @Chainfire
. Root but not Busybox.
- After reboot the SuperSU can stop sometimes, it is installed on system/app and Knox not permit all access at system.
- Then, whit Explorer from Rom I go at extSdCard and touch on superuser.apk and install it. This way the apk is installed on data/app. Root solved.
- Now we can touch on icon SuperSU, this start and ask us to invalidate Knox. We must say Yes.
- Installed Busybox 1.22.1 of Stericson from Play Store. Verified whit "Root Verifier". It's all, we have all root now.
PS: On Mega I9205 and S4 Mini I9195 I must always begin by 1.80. On 4.2.2 the UPDATE's-SuperSU 1.86, 1.89 and 1.91 work bad. This have mod's to 4.3+ and not work well on 4.2.2 afaik. I never flash that 3 last UPDATE's on 4.2.2. Update after by Play Store, single the SuperSU, now 1.93.
You are new here. Welcome to XDA.