Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] remove custom from device status

Tip us?

grud1e
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default [Q] remove custom from device status

I have a uk s5 900f bought second hand and the device status shows custom ......I have returned it to stock using this G900FXXU1ANCE_G900FOXA1ANCE_G900FXXU1ANCE_HOME.tar following the guide here http://true-android.blogspot.co.uk/2...42-kitkat.html

all went well reset and wiped phone booted normally and custom rom/recovery are gone and phone set it self up as giffgaff after checking the right box upon restart

the only problem I have is that the device status shows as rooted and I cant use banking apps nor can I get ota updates ....any permanent way round this please

thanks in advance

paolobacci
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by grud1e View Post
I have a uk s5 900f bought second hand and the device status shows custom ......I have returned it to stock using this G900FXXU1ANCE_G900FOXA1ANCE_G900FXXU1ANCE_HOME.tar following the guide here http://true-android.blogspot.co.uk/2...42-kitkat.html

all went well reset and wiped phone booted normally and custom rom/recovery are gone and phone set it self up as giffgaff after checking the right box upon restart

the only problem I have is that the device status shows as rooted and I cant use banking apps nor can I get ota updates ....any permanent way round this please

thanks in advance
I read once that if you flash the stock rom and it's showing custom, flash it again and it'll work

grud1e
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolobacci View Post
I read once that if you flash the stock rom and it's showing custom, flash it again and it'll work
many thanks I will try that and report back

grud1e
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by grud1e View Post
many thanks I will try that and report back
all good now device status official and ota updates working second flash did the trick

thanks for the advice