[Q] remove custom from device status

OP grud1e

17th June 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag malaga
Thanks Meter: 19

63 posts
More
I have a uk s5 900f bought second hand and the device status shows custom ......I have returned it to stock using this G900FXXU1ANCE_G900FOXA1ANCE_G900FXXU1ANCE_HOME.tar following the guide here http://true-android.blogspot.co.uk/2...42-kitkat.html

all went well reset and wiped phone booted normally and custom rom/recovery are gone and phone set it self up as giffgaff after checking the right box upon restart

the only problem I have is that the device status shows as rooted and I cant use banking apps nor can I get ota updates ....any permanent way round this please

thanks in advance
17th June 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #2  
Flag Niterói
Thanks Meter: 6

278 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grud1e

I have a uk s5 900f bought second hand and the device status shows custom ......I have returned it to stock using this G900FXXU1ANCE_G900FOXA1ANCE_G900FXXU1ANCE_HOME.tar following the guide here http://true-android.blogspot.co.uk/2...42-kitkat.html

all went well reset and wiped phone booted normally and custom rom/recovery are gone and phone set it self up as giffgaff after checking the right box upon restart

the only problem I have is that the device status shows as rooted and I cant use banking apps nor can I get ota updates ....any permanent way round this please

thanks in advance

I read once that if you flash the stock rom and it's showing custom, flash it again and it'll work
17th June 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag malaga

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolobacci

I read once that if you flash the stock rom and it's showing custom, flash it again and it'll work

many thanks I will try that and report back
17th June 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag malaga

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grud1e

many thanks I will try that and report back

all good now device status official and ota updates working second flash did the trick

thanks for the advice
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread