Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One - The risks of changing the ROM

Tip us?

bogdancirstea
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] HTC One - The risks of changing the ROM

Hello, everyone!

I own an HTC One, Vodafone UK Branded, fact that is stopping me from receiving Android and HTC Updates right when they are released. I was thinking of switching to the Stock Android ROM of the M7, so I get everything the fastest possible (it's a little bit annoying having to wait for so long).

So, my question is: is it worth to change to stock for this reason or will I risk not receiving updates OTA anymore?

Thank you!
Have a good one, fellas

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 975

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdancirstea View Post
Hello, everyone!

I own an HTC One, Vodafone UK Branded, fact that is stopping me from receiving Android and HTC Updates right when they are released. I was thinking of switching to the Stock Android ROM of the M7, so I get everything the fastest possible (it's a little bit annoying having to wait for so long).

So, my question is: is it worth to change to stock for this reason or will I risk not receiving updates OTA anymore?

Thank you!
Have a good one, fellas
Sure it's worth it ...one of the first steps is getting s-off
that alone makes the phone more valuable. Just be sure and make a complete backup of your current system in TWRP and save it to your PC before doing the rest of the steps. their is no RUU for your Phone so be careful and make a backup.
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bogdancirstea
Old
(Last edited by bogdancirstea; 17th June 2014 at 01:34 PM.) Reason: spelling error
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
Sure it's worth it ...one of the first steps is getting s-off
that alone makes the phone more valuable. Just be sure and make a complete backup of your current system in TWRP and save it to your PC before doing the rest of the steps. their is no RUU for your Phone so be careful and make a backup.
Thanx for your reply!
So, in other words, the OTA update method will not be restricted/malfunctioning, right?
Tags
changing cid, htc one m7, risks, stock rom, unlocking bootloader