[Q] HTC One - The risks of changing the ROM

17th June 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
More
Hello, everyone!

I own an HTC One, Vodafone UK Branded, fact that is stopping me from receiving Android and HTC Updates right when they are released. I was thinking of switching to the Stock Android ROM of the M7, so I get everything the fastest possible (it's a little bit annoying having to wait for so long).

So, my question is: is it worth to change to stock for this reason or will I risk not receiving updates OTA anymore?

Thank you!
Have a good one, fellas
17th June 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,007

3,763 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdancirstea

Hello, everyone!

I own an HTC One, Vodafone UK Branded, fact that is stopping me from receiving Android and HTC Updates right when they are released. I was thinking of switching to the Stock Android ROM of the M7, so I get everything the fastest possible (it's a little bit annoying having to wait for so long).

So, my question is: is it worth to change to stock for this reason or will I risk not receiving updates OTA anymore?

Thank you!
Have a good one, fellas

Sure it's worth it ...one of the first steps is getting s-off
that alone makes the phone more valuable. Just be sure and make a complete backup of your current system in TWRP and save it to your PC before doing the rest of the steps. their is no RUU for your Phone so be careful and make a backup.
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

Sure it's worth it ...one of the first steps is getting s-off
that alone makes the phone more valuable. Just be sure and make a complete backup of your current system in TWRP and save it to your PC before doing the rest of the steps. their is no RUU for your Phone so be careful and make a backup.

Thanx for your reply!
So, in other words, the OTA update method will not be restricted/malfunctioning, right?
Last edited by bogdancirstea; 17th June 2014 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spelling error
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
changing cid, htc one m7, risks, stock rom, unlocking bootloader
Previous Thread Next Thread