When I connect my HTC Explorer to PC using Data Cable NOTHING HAPPENS ,It Just CHARGES and the Menu doesn't open up.
Even When I tried USB Tethering by going into setings Manually .It says "Unable to Turn On" .I can no longer transfer files from phone to PC .
Have you tried
1. Reinstalling HTC Sync and Drivers
2. Rebooting and Hard Reset
3. Flashing Custom ROM's
4. Using Different Data Cables
But still NO LUCK !!!
First Let's Check Whether it's a Hardware Problem (NOT NECESSARY)
1. Go into Bootloader and then to Fastboot Menu
2. Connect your Phone to PC
3. Now the Phone should Read as "Fastboot USB"
4. Try this Fastboot Command "FASTBOOT DEVICES"
5. If your Phone is Shown in the list ,It's Just a Software Problem and Continue Reading this thread
.If not ,then it's mostly a Hardware Issue
1. Download PDANet on your phone (NOT THE APK) (This is for USB Tethering)
2. Connect your Phone using Data cable with Windows Logged On (Nothing will happen)
3. Restart your PC (DONT remove your Phone)
4. As soon as PC starts up ,you'll see the Menu on your Phone that used to appear (You'll see Disk Drive,USB Tetheing....)
5. Make Sure USB Debugging is ON
6. When you're logged into Windows, Select Disk Drive from the Menu on your phone
7. Wait and you're Memory Card will be recoginsed on PC
8. Open PDAnet.exe from Memory Card and Install
USB Tethering will now work (If still not working ,go into settings->wireless and networks->mobile networks->access point names and try changing access point ,then try PDANet again)
This WORKED for me ,
So Next time ,Follow Step 2,3,4 and 5
Then After you log on, Choose Anything you want from Menu on Phone.
I doubt USB Tethering will work directly .But you can use it from PDANet.