Guide to Dual Boot Snapdragon Note 4

Dual Boot is one of the most desirable features for a flashaholic, and with this guide by XDA … more

Has ART Made a Noticeable Jump in App Performance?

We’ve received mixed reports about switching to ART but it seems that the … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Drop Test

The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are already proving to be amongst the head turners of 2015. … more

Consolidated GApps Central

Following the retirement of Paranoid Android GApps Provider TKruzze and subsequent deletion of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Security Policy Updates?

17th June 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffJr2

Freezing Knox Notification Manage 2.0, and KNOX 1.0 did nothing but disable knox.
Freezing Knox KLMS Agent tripped my Custom tag. stated my system was custom not official.

But knox itself was never tripped.

If you unfreeze KLMS Agent does the custom tag go away? Is there any implications to the custom tag? Warranty?
Thanks
17th June 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #22  
PuffJr2's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4g

If you unfreeze KLMS Agent does the custom tag go away? Is there any implications to the custom tag? Warranty?
Thanks

the custom tag just states that your rom is not official.
it does not trip knox itself and as far as I know doesnt break your warranty.
and when I reenabled it and rebooted it said official again in status.

Sent from my SCH-I925
17th June 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #23  
tydiamond11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 197
 
1,110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffJr2

the custom tag just states that your rom is not official.
it does not trip knox itself and as far as I know doesnt break your warranty.
and when I reenabled it and rebooted it said official again in status.

Sent from my SCH-I925

I got the custom thing even with out root because I have art enabled lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
17th June 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #24  
PuffJr2's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tydiamond11

I got the custom thing even with out root because I have art enabled lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I did that when i first got the phone, i was curious.
17th June 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #25  
PS4AndroidHacker's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Barberton,Ohio
Thanks Meter: 40
 
349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
Donate to Me
More
All I did was use root browser. Go into /system/priv-apps and look for SPD-updates.apk and renamed it to SPD-update.apk.bak. So far it's working for me.

Sent from my "ROOTED" SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes