FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Warranty with US LG

1,385 posts
Thanks Meter: 173
 
By Sfkn2, Senior Member on 27th May 2014, 08:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th June 2014, 11:56 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
My phone has exact same issue. Same location as you have shown. I should be getting another unit from T-Mobile today. Any idea if this a software issue or hardware?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
17th June 2014, 01:47 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 173
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshhc

My phone has exact same issue. Same location as you have shown. I should be getting another unit from T-Mobile today. Any idea if this a software issue or hardware?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It is the prox sensor.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
17th June 2014, 01:52 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfkn2

It is the prox sensor.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Any idea how to prevent it from happening or what causes it to nit function properly?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th June 2014, 03:12 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 173
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshhc

Any idea how to prevent it from happening or what causes it to nit function properly?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There is another thread about this issue, which basically said it's heat that caused the sensor to break.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes