By YuriPan, Senior Member on 14th June 2014, 08:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th June 2014, 10:15 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 624

Donate to Me
More
Fj d was my autocorrect failing at the word "find".... Devs means developers(aka the people that make and port ROMs).

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk

15th June 2014, 10:41 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Oooh. Hahaha, silly me, I could have figured out devs >.<

Yeah, I came across this too, I browsed through them and there was one saying "pacman" I picked that and then "tate/" but then there were far too many options. A folder saying "nightly/" another saying "release/" and another one saying "stable/". (I would have sent you the direct link but the site won't let me post outside links just yet...) And each folder has a bunch in it, so I can't figure it out. Actually I'm not quite sure what nightlies are so that's my biggest problem. Especially this folder has too many files...
16th June 2014, 02:14 AM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

Donate to Me
More
Nightlife are autobuilt every night and can (and usually do) contain bugs because it's just a build of the latest commits made to the source code. I would go with stable or release. The files usually are dated in some manner. If it us in the filename or listed next to the duke somewhere I recommend just grabbing the most recently dated one. If you get cm11 then just grab the m7 snapshot from cm's site.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
16th June 2014, 05:46 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens

More
Ooooh, I see. Makes sense that they're buggy, that's all they talked about in PacMan's comments... It's all about new bugs they get with nightly versions. I'll wait a bit longer in case they answer to me there about which is the latest stable version, cause now they say there's a 4.4 version too and I'm feeling pretty dumb not being able to see it (I'm afraid it's one of the nightlies, not a stable or released one) and I'll probably test it out and if I don't like it I'll go for CM 11.

Oh, hey, that tablet UI patch that you've made... it doesn't go as far as CM11? What are the differences, I couldn't find any screenshots..
16th June 2014, 05:59 PM |#15  
Flag /system/xbin/su
Thanks Meter: 256

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriPan

Ooooh, I see. Makes sense that they're buggy, that's all they talked about in PacMan's comments... It's all about new bugs they get with nightly versions. I'll wait a bit longer in case they answer to me there about which is the latest stable version, cause now they say there's a 4.4 version too and I'm feeling pretty dumb not being able to see it (I'm afraid it's one of the nightlies, not a stable or released one) and I'll probably test it out and if I don't like it I'll go for CM 11.

Oh, hey, that tablet UI patch that you've made... it doesn't go as far as CM11? What are the differences, I couldn't find any screenshots..

It doesn't work with CM11. Tablet UI was removed in Android 4.3 I believe.

>>>Sent from my homebuilt TARDIS running Android 4.4... or maybe it's a Kindle Fire HD running Cyanogenmod 11<<<
16th June 2014, 06:58 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens

More
Oh really? But why? That doesn't sound too smart... what's even the point of removing it, tablets are getting more and more popular, it's a "must" (In my opinion at least..)
17th June 2014, 03:01 PM |#17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

Donate to Me
More
It was googles decision, and it was removed in 4.4, my patch only worked for cm 10.1, there was a cm 10.2 version not made by me but it wasn't public so there's no links to it. Hopefully someone will recode 4.4 to have that feature added back in, I miss it too because I hate using two thumbs to reach for the softkeys.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
17th June 2014, 03:19 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens

More
I'm used to using both thumbs, on a 7" screen it's easy(ish) anyway, but it'd be a nice change not to have to do so. I think I'll go for 4.4 anyway though (yes, I still haven't flashed anything, only updated TWRP cause mine was outdated), to see what's new there.

I don't think I've ever seen what's past 4.2 in my devices. My cellphone can barely be called a smartphone, and having kindle as my first tablet is making it quite difficult. I think I'll go for something somewhat cheap but Samsung next time, Galaxy Note 8.0 seemed good, the resolution could have been better but I can live with that. It certainly seems to have more potential than my good old kindle.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread