Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Want to flash Chameleon OS in my Kindle

OP YuriPan

15th June 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 609

2,229 posts
Donate to Me
More
Fj d was my autocorrect failing at the word "find".... Devs means developers(aka the people that make and port ROMs).

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
15th June 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1

48 posts
More
Oooh. Hahaha, silly me, I could have figured out devs >.<

Yeah, I came across this too, I browsed through them and there was one saying "pacman" I picked that and then "tate/" but then there were far too many options. A folder saying "nightly/" another saying "release/" and another one saying "stable/". (I would have sent you the direct link but the site won't let me post outside links just yet...) And each folder has a bunch in it, so I can't figure it out. Actually I'm not quite sure what nightlies are so that's my biggest problem. Especially this folder has too many files...
16th June 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,229 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nightlife are autobuilt every night and can (and usually do) contain bugs because it's just a build of the latest commits made to the source code. I would go with stable or release. The files usually are dated in some manner. If it us in the filename or listed next to the duke somewhere I recommend just grabbing the most recently dated one. If you get cm11 then just grab the m7 snapshot from cm's site.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
16th June 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #14  
OP Member
Flag Athens

48 posts
More
Ooooh, I see. Makes sense that they're buggy, that's all they talked about in PacMan's comments... It's all about new bugs they get with nightly versions. I'll wait a bit longer in case they answer to me there about which is the latest stable version, cause now they say there's a 4.4 version too and I'm feeling pretty dumb not being able to see it (I'm afraid it's one of the nightlies, not a stable or released one) and I'll probably test it out and if I don't like it I'll go for CM 11.

Oh, hey, that tablet UI patch that you've made... it doesn't go as far as CM11? What are the differences, I couldn't find any screenshots..
16th June 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #15  
Flag /system/xbin/su
Thanks Meter: 97

434 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriPan

Ooooh, I see. Makes sense that they're buggy, that's all they talked about in PacMan's comments... It's all about new bugs they get with nightly versions. I'll wait a bit longer in case they answer to me there about which is the latest stable version, cause now they say there's a 4.4 version too and I'm feeling pretty dumb not being able to see it (I'm afraid it's one of the nightlies, not a stable or released one) and I'll probably test it out and if I don't like it I'll go for CM 11.

Oh, hey, that tablet UI patch that you've made... it doesn't go as far as CM11? What are the differences, I couldn't find any screenshots..

It doesn't work with CM11. Tablet UI was removed in Android 4.3 I believe.

>>>Sent from my homebuilt TARDIS running Android 4.4... or maybe it's a Kindle Fire HD running Cyanogenmod 11<<<
16th June 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #16  
OP Member
Flag Athens

48 posts
More
Oh really? But why? That doesn't sound too smart... what's even the point of removing it, tablets are getting more and more popular, it's a "must" (In my opinion at least..)
17th June 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,229 posts
Donate to Me
More
It was googles decision, and it was removed in 4.4, my patch only worked for cm 10.1, there was a cm 10.2 version not made by me but it wasn't public so there's no links to it. Hopefully someone will recode 4.4 to have that feature added back in, I miss it too because I hate using two thumbs to reach for the softkeys.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
17th June 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #18  
OP Member
Flag Athens

48 posts
More
I'm used to using both thumbs, on a 7" screen it's easy(ish) anyway, but it'd be a nice change not to have to do so. I think I'll go for 4.4 anyway though (yes, I still haven't flashed anything, only updated TWRP cause mine was outdated), to see what's new there.

I don't think I've ever seen what's past 4.2 in my devices. My cellphone can barely be called a smartphone, and having kindle as my first tablet is making it quite difficult. I think I'll go for something somewhat cheap but Samsung next time, Galaxy Note 8.0 seemed good, the resolution could have been better but I can live with that. It certainly seems to have more potential than my good old kindle.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread