Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,110 Members 52,431 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mountek nGroove Snap 2 Car Mount

Tip us?

brett_day
Old
(Last edited by brett_day; 30th May 2014 at 10:18 PM.) Reason: Added Link
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default Mountek nGroove Snap 2 Car Mount

Just thought I would share this with you guys. I have been looking for a solid car mount for my Nexus and I came across this beauty. Half the price (I paid $22.82 from Amazon) of some of the other mounts that I have seen, and I have to say this thing rocks. Super easy to install, super strong and sturdy too. I have taken it out on the bumpy Oklahoma roads and my tablet didn't budge an inch. It works by placing a sticky magnet on to the back of the nexus (or whatever device) or inside your case. The magnet is strong, and it does not interfere with GPS etc. I had GPS (Sygic for offline maps) on for a 40 mile trip and it worked without missing a beat, and had music streaming via BT. Its a setal at just under $23

Here are some pics (please ignore the dust in my car)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	2771814   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	2771815   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	2771816   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	2771817  
Current Phone - AT&T Motorola Moto X 16GB - Stock

Current Tablet Google Nexus 7 2013 FLO 32GB - Clean Rom v2.7

Previously Owned

Two soup cans and a string, Galaxy Note 3 HTC One, HTC One X HTC HD2, MyTouch 3G, MyTouch 4G, iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4S, HTC One S, Nokia Lumia 900, HTC HD7, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Hero (intl version), Atrix HD, Lumia 920, Lumia 820, S3, S4

KiaraTheDragon
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett_day View Post
Just thought I would share this with you guys. I have been looking for a solid car mount for my Nexus and I came across this beauty. Half the price (I paid $22.82 from Amazon) of some of the other mounts that I have seen, and I have to say this thing rocks. Super easy to install, super strong and sturdy too. I have taken it out on the bumpy Oklahoma roads and my tablet didn't budge an inch. It works by placing a sticky magnet on to the back of the nexus (or whatever device) or inside your case. The magnet is strong, and it does not interfere with GPS etc. I had GPS (Sygic for offline maps) on for a 40 mile trip and it worked without missing a beat, and had music streaming via BT. Its a setal at just under $23

Here are some pics (please ignore the dust in my car)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
do i have to stick anything on my tablet that could be a be in the way when i am not using the mount?

Nexus 7 2013 Purity ROM

brett_day
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaraTheDragon View Post
do i have to stick anything on my tablet that could be a be in the way when i am not using the mount?
The only thing you have to stick on to the tablet (or onto a case as I have done) is a small, very thin magnet. It applies via a sticky pad. It is not obtrusive at all and sits almost flush with the device or case.
Current Phone - AT&T Motorola Moto X 16GB - Stock

Current Tablet Google Nexus 7 2013 FLO 32GB - Clean Rom v2.7

Previously Owned

Two soup cans and a string, Galaxy Note 3 HTC One, HTC One X HTC HD2, MyTouch 3G, MyTouch 4G, iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4S, HTC One S, Nokia Lumia 900, HTC HD7, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Hero (intl version), Atrix HD, Lumia 920, Lumia 820, S3, S4