View Poll Results: Do we really need some nice custom ROMs like CyanogenMod for our device?
Yes, obliviously! 57 100.00%
No, it's better to keep the device as it is now! 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Ask Samsung for Exynos sources (Marvell inside)

2nd May 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #51  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaymuzik

Is it the ueame9?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Any Estimation when we will get CM???
6th May 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 8

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misaht

Any Estimation when we will get CM???

Between never and not going to happen, no, just kidding. In a all seriousness though, I don't think it will ever happen, in the future I would really consider paying a little more and buy a tablet that's not only interesting too developers but isn't so, what's the word, crappy. The new Tab 4 7 is what the Tab 3 7 should have been a year ago but at a price of 200 dollars for the Tab 4 7 you would be still better served with another tablet. Samsung only uses the absolute bare minimum for their low end tablets that the market will stand. A Nexus 7 has so many custom Roms that it will make your head spin, something a Tab 3 or 4 7 will never have. Not only that but you will always have to wait at least 6 to 8 months for an update, even then you can only expect to get a maximum of 3 updates before Samsung disavows any knowledge of your tablet. The Tab line of tablets just isn't worth the frustration, spend the extra money and either buy a Pro or Note if you want a Samsung tablet or If your budget can't handle the extra expendure then buy a Nexus 7, EVGA Note 7 or Kindle 7 HDX. All but the EVGA has 2GB of RAM, faster CPU, especially the Kindle which has one of the fastest CPU's available, 1080p resolution, etc. for the same price as the Tab 4 7. The EVGA Note 7 though has an active digitizer pen, Nvidia Tegra 4, built in HDMI and only costs 180 dollars. Why a person would buy a Tab 4 7 absolutely alludes me, I think maybe Samsung is just cashing in on the ignorance of it's users and the effectiveness of their marketing campaign.
Last edited by calden74; 6th May 2014 at 09:05 PM.
11th May 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #53  
Account currently disabled

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calden74

Between never and not going to happen, no, just kidding. In a all seriousness though, I don't think it will ever happen, in the future I would really consider paying a little more and buy a tablet that's not only interesting too developers but isn't so, what's the word, crappy. The new Tab 4 7 is what the Tab 3 7 should have been a year ago but at a price of 200 dollars for the Tab 4 7 you would be still better served with another tablet. Samsung only uses the absolute bare minimum for their low end tablets that the market will stand. A Nexus 7 has so many custom Roms that it will make your head spin, something a Tab 3 or 4 7 will never have. Not only that but you will always have to wait at least 6 to 8 months for an update, even then you can only expect to get a maximum of 3 updates before Samsung disavows any knowledge of your tablet. The Tab line of tablets just isn't worth the frustration, spend the extra money and either buy a Pro or Note if you want a Samsung tablet or If your budget can't handle the extra expendure then buy a Nexus 7, EVGA Note 7 or Kindle 7 HDX. All but the EVGA has 2GB of RAM, faster CPU, especially the Kindle which has one of the fastest CPU's available, 1080p resolution, etc. for the same price as the Tab 4 7. The EVGA Note 7 though has an active digitizer pen, Nvidia Tegra 4, built in HDMI and only costs 180 dollars. Why a person would buy a Tab 4 7 absolutely alludes me, I think maybe Samsung is just cashing in on the ignorance of it's users and the effectiveness of their marketing campaign.

Thanx man. For this info
16th June 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #54  

2 posts
Samsung SM-T21x Marvell PXA988 kernel modules
Hello Everyone.
I'm new on this forum and I started to try port GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 (codename lt023g) and found this repo below:

github . com / kumajaya / android_kernel_samsung_lt02_modules

Can someone more advanced check if this repo can help us????
16th June 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 295

653 posts
Phone hmmm
cal,

the nexus tabs have no external storage - major fail - questionable as a design move. i've read the rationale as to why
and it doesn't add up. chalk it up to a dumbed down consumer culture maybe...
my galaxy tabs are cheap yes, but also ridiculously flexible/versitile and have largely replaced my pc
for doing things i should and probably shouldn't be doing. i live the life of someone who has to settle and or make due
with what's within reach. none of these corporations will get more of my money than is necessary.

a great deal of roms cm/aosp/aokp etc seem to be little more than cosmetic changes with borrowed ideas
incorporated into them, a steady and consistant effort in rooting, disengaging manufacturer fingerholds and all around
sculpting of your operating system more often than not yields superior results, so i don't see rom availability as being
a reliable selling point except if your a hardcore gamer first and foremost. that's a different beast.

none of the above is meant to take away from samsung's reckless model. but, these devices in the right hands
(that's right, i said it) are fairly solid. i will say my tab 2 7.0 completely blows away my t210r and p5210....
which is strange but, eh.

m
17th June 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #56  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirousbh

Hello Everyone.
I'm new on this forum and I started to try port GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 (codename lt023g) and found this repo below:

Guys.
Lets focus in what really matters?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Free mobile app
17th June 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #57  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 413

874 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jirousbh

Hello Everyone.

Hes the guy who made the awesome blackhawk kernel and helped in getting us a cwm/root and many other things

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread