Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can someone explain to me...

Tip us?

Kinanizer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can someone explain to me...

Can someone explain to me how one would even go about cracking the bootloader? I've heard it would require a leak of the keys from Verizon, but what would someone even do with those keys?

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinanizer View Post
Can someone explain to me how one would even go about cracking the bootloader? I've heard it would require a leak of the keys from Verizon, but what would someone even do with those keys?
lol..... i assume if someone had the keys theyd unlock the bootloader? i doubt the keys get leaked.. unlocking bootloader will take some time if ever

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

Kinanizer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy View Post
lol..... i assume if someone had the keys theyd unlock the bootloader? i doubt the keys get leaked.. unlocking bootloader will take some time if ever

Well ya, but how would they unlock it? I'm assuming it's different from my front door.

joshua.justice
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
I'm not exactly sure how it works but I know most phones the command fastboot oem unlock would unlock the bootloader where as on our phones it will not.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinanizer View Post
Well ya, but how would they unlock it? I'm assuming it's different from my front door.
oh srry i thought u answered your own question.. if they had the keys theyd be able to sign a custom built kernel/bootloader to make the phone accept it as official then wed be able to have custom recovery.. other than that you would need to ask someone more talented than i.. if youre not sure then most likely you wouldnt understand if someone told you details of how it could be done anyways