No registration required

[Q] s3 mini issues

OP ay_ejaz

14th June 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi,

I am new here. i was in dubai a few days back and bought a brand new s3 mini for my father from an online website..the box was completeley sealed. and i opened it myself... for the first time when i put it on charge, it started charging right away but the when the battery ran out completely, i didnt charge it for atleast two three days until i returned to my own country from vacation.. now when i put it on charge, it does not start charging straight away. it takes 5- 10 minutes to start charging ( means, no vibration, no battery logo, just after 5 mins if u press the home button twice or thrice, it shows that it is charging.).then when we turn it on it gets stuck onto the samsung logo for 1-2 minutes. and operating the mobile while on charge is very difficult. like the screen wont unlock when swiped. or the key board doesnt work correctly,
i had this thought in mind that phone might be refubished,(as the website sold it a bit cheaper than the other store prices) so i installed the launcher pro, tried every method to check if the phone was refurbished but coudn't get any info.
yes i would like to tell here, that i am a girl with no technical knowledge about the phones, i just simply use a phone to call use some wifi etc. but getting into all of this has got me all confused. and as i had bought this for my father, i dont want to gift him a wrong, or used product.

so while trying to find out if the phone was refurbished or not, i found quite a few things listed below:
1. cpu revision is 0006a. i would really love to know what that means?
2. what is the difference between cal date and R.F. cal date? i might be sounding very silly..i kept on thinking that R.F might mean "refurbished". i really have no knowledge so just for my peace of mind.

3. the most important, i checked for updates. but it says.."your device has been modified". the device status says " custom" but then searching for long hours for a solution to this problem i found out on these forums how to go in the odin mode ( i still dont know what that is) but it says
custom binary download NO
current binary SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
system status OFFICIAL
i dont know anything about rooting neither could i get any understaing of it yet by reading the forums so rooting the phone by myself is impoosible

i have already tried hard reset. but device status in setting is still custom. and it still hangs for a minute or two on the samsung logo and still gets problem on putting it on charge..

how can i get to update this phone
do u guys think this website has sold me a refurbished set?
is there any other way to find out if the phone is refurbished?
they are offering me a full refund if i ship the phone back to them but i dont want to go in the hassle of doing so if these problems are corrected

please any help and step by step guide would be really appreciated.. now my hopes are from all u experts out there... please help me..
17th June 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 72

451 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay_ejaz

Hi,

I am new here. i was in dubai a few days back and bought a brand new s3 mini for my father from an online website..the box was completeley sealed. and i opened it myself... for the first time when i put it on charge, it started charging right away but the when the battery ran out completely, i didnt charge it for atleast two three days until i returned to my own country from vacation.. now when i put it on charge, it does not start charging straight away. it takes 5- 10 minutes to start charging ( means, no vibration, no battery logo, just after 5 mins if u press the home button twice or thrice, it shows that it is charging.).then when we turn it on it gets stuck onto the samsung logo for 1-2 minutes. and operating the mobile while on charge is very difficult. like the screen wont unlock when swiped. or the key board doesnt work correctly,
i had this thought in mind that phone might be refubished,(as the website sold it a bit cheaper than the other store prices) so i installed the launcher pro, tried every method to check if the phone was refurbished but coudn't get any info.
yes i would like to tell here, that i am a girl with no technical knowledge about the phones, i just simply use a phone to call use some wifi etc. but getting into all of this has got me all confused. and as i had bought this for my father, i dont want to gift him a wrong, or used product.

so while trying to find out if the phone was refurbished or not, i found quite a few things listed below:
1. cpu revision is 0006a. i would really love to know what that means?
2. what is the difference between cal date and R.F. cal date? i might be sounding very silly..i kept on thinking that R.F might mean "refurbished". i really have no knowledge so just for my peace of mind.

3. the most important, i checked for updates. but it says.."your device has been modified". the device status says " custom" but then searching for long hours for a solution to this problem i found out on these forums how to go in the odin mode ( i still dont know what that is) but it says
custom binary download NO
current binary SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
system status OFFICIAL
i dont know anything about rooting neither could i get any understaing of it yet by reading the forums so rooting the phone by myself is impoosible

i have already tried hard reset. but device status in setting is still custom. and it still hangs for a minute or two on the samsung logo and still gets problem on putting it on charge..

how can i get to update this phone
do u guys think this website has sold me a refurbished set?
is there any other way to find out if the phone is refurbished?
they are offering me a full refund if i ship the phone back to them but i dont want to go in the hassle of doing so if these problems are corrected

please any help and step by step guide would be really appreciated.. now my hopes are from all u experts out there... please help me..

Well, i cant tell u if the phone was refurbished or not, but one thing you can try is downloading a stock rom from samsungupdates.com , or from sammobile, and flashing it via odin.
make sure you have the proper firmware for your phone, otherwise it will be bricked.
if you dont know what your firmware is, write what model your phone is, e.g. i8190, i8190l, etc you can see this either when it turns on, or in device settings>about device, and ill send a link to a download page.
search google on how to flash using odin, make sure you understand before doing anything what you need to do so there are no mistakes.
link to odin:
https://copy.com/wVyKQPVTT9HIe78G
good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread