Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 50,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help unrooting my Samsung Galaxy S4-i19505! Specifics inside.

Tip us?

Nyxdan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Need help unrooting my Samsung Galaxy S4-i19505! Specifics inside.

Hey everybody, if you've already opened up this thread, you already have my gratitude for seeing what my problem is.

If you haven't already caught on, I want to unroot my Samsung Galaxy S4. I have no idea why I decided to root it in the first place (maybe because that's what everybody else was doing? maybe because I'm just stupid? who knows), but now I really need to unroot it because I need the latest firmware.

The thing is, I've done a lot of stupid stuff to try and unroot it. I know, I should have looked for help instead of going out and doing stupid stuff on my own, but.. well, I don't really have an excuse - I'm just an idiot. My phone is still fully functional, but the device status is custom. But let me just tell you what happened.

1. I decided that I didn't want this phone to be rooted anymore. I opened up SuperSU and investigated the settings, and found an option to uninstall the phone. I decided to just go with it, and I uninstalled it. Everything went smoothly, nothing big happened, and before I knew it, SuperSU wasn't there anymore and everything seemed okay.

2. But it wasn't. I checked my device status, but it was custom. I was so confused. Wasn't it meant to be back to normal now? SuperSU wasn't there anymore, but it was still.. rooted? I turned on my S4 on Download mode. It said that it was still custom (or something similar to that, I don't remember the specific word). By now, I was confused and scared - what have I done?!

3. I searched around the internet for tutorials, and one in particular told me to download TriangleAway. Sweet, an app that unrooted and all I had to do was sit back and relax and let it do it's job! So I downloaded it and... it said that I didn't have SuperUser permissions or that I was unrooted. WHAT. I re-downloaded SuperSU and it said "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!" JESUS CHRIST, tell me something I don't know, SuperSU! You're useless to me!! How could something be rooted yet unrooted at the same time? Life is so hard.

So now I'm sitting here, typing on my laptop, wondering what I could do to fix everything that transpired today. I searched up tutorials, but none of them had the same specifics on their phone as mine was. You see, my phone's baseband version is different from most. I have no idea why, but I'll list everything specific out here:

Model number: GT-I9505
Android version: 4.2.2
Baseband version: I9505XXUBMG4 (and for some reason, there is barely any help regarding this baseband, is it really rare to have this or something? or is is just the same as the I9505XXUBMGA? I don't know, so I don't want to take the risk)

If you've read and got up to here, you are already in my gratitude. If you help me, you have my thanks, and even if you don't, you still have my thanks for reading thus far.

If you could please help me, it would make this world just a little bit better! Thank you in advance. If you need any more information, please just tell me and I'll do the best I can to provide you with it.

kenji1996
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxdan View Post
Hey everybody, if you've already opened up this thread, you already have my gratitude for seeing what my problem is.

If you haven't already caught on, I want to unroot my Samsung Galaxy S4. I have no idea why I decided to root it in the first place (maybe because that's what everybody else was doing? maybe because I'm just stupid? who knows), but now I really need to unroot it because I need the latest firmware.

The thing is, I've done a lot of stupid stuff to try and unroot it. I know, I should have looked for help instead of going out and doing stupid stuff on my own, but.. well, I don't really have an excuse - I'm just an idiot. My phone is still fully functional, but the device status is custom. But let me just tell you what happened.

1. I decided that I didn't want this phone to be rooted anymore. I opened up SuperSU and investigated the settings, and found an option to uninstall the phone. I decided to just go with it, and I uninstalled it. Everything went smoothly, nothing big happened, and before I knew it, SuperSU wasn't there anymore and everything seemed okay.

2. But it wasn't. I checked my device status, but it was custom. I was so confused. Wasn't it meant to be back to normal now? SuperSU wasn't there anymore, but it was still.. rooted? I turned on my S4 on Download mode. It said that it was still custom (or something similar to that, I don't remember the specific word). By now, I was confused and scared - what have I done?!

3. I searched around the internet for tutorials, and one in particular told me to download TriangleAway. Sweet, an app that unrooted and all I had to do was sit back and relax and let it do it's job! So I downloaded it and... it said that I didn't have SuperUser permissions or that I was unrooted. WHAT. I re-downloaded SuperSU and it said "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!" JESUS CHRIST, tell me something I don't know, SuperSU! You're useless to me!! How could something be rooted yet unrooted at the same time? Life is so hard.

So now I'm sitting here, typing on my laptop, wondering what I could do to fix everything that transpired today. I searched up tutorials, but none of them had the same specifics on their phone as mine was. You see, my phone's baseband version is different from most. I have no idea why, but I'll list everything specific out here:

Model number: GT-I9505
Android version: 4.2.2
Baseband version: I9505XXUBMG4 (and for some reason, there is barely any help regarding this baseband, is it really rare to have this or something? or is is just the same as the I9505XXUBMGA? I don't know, so I don't want to take the risk)

If you've read and got up to here, you are already in my gratitude. If you help me, you have my thanks, and even if you don't, you still have my thanks for reading thus far.

If you could please help me, it would make this world just a little bit better! Thank you in advance. If you need any more information, please just tell me and I'll do the best I can to provide you with it.
Once you flash root the custom word wont get away unless you use triangle away to get rid of it that the use of triangle away and if you want stock :
Download latest firmware for your model and flash it through Odin done.

Lennyz1988
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Why do you take the hard route?

You know you can just flash the stock rom you want with Odin? No need to unroot etc.
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v2.6

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3