Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 51,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is there a way to root stock ND8 without tripping KNOX

Tip us?

katnkanga
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Is there a way to root stock ND8 without tripping KNOX

I have a 16GB S3. I recently upgraded to ND8 via Kies and would like to know if there is a way to fully root without tripping the KNOX counter. I know of the CF-Root method of rooting but it would trip the KNOX counter. Any detailed instructions of doing it without tripping KNOX would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

joeyhdownsouth
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by katnkanga View Post
I have a 16GB S3. I recently upgraded to ND8 via Kies and would like to know if there is a way to fully root without tripping the KNOX counter. I know of the CF-Root method of rooting but it would trip the KNOX counter. Any detailed instructions of doing it without tripping KNOX would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I don't think there is a way, one you have knox, it will trip, even when rooting. To this day, I still don't have knox boot loader, and won't get it. One of the reasons I'm getting away from Samsung once the G3 drops.

sent from my GS3
G2(Sprint)-stock
G3(Sprint)-stock
Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM:C-rom/KERNEL:dkp-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Galaxy S5(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:M.O.A.R.-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Moto G(unlocked to CellularOne)-ROM/KERNEL:LiquidSmooth-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyhdownsouth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]