Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,832 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HDX 8.9" Safestrap accident... Help?

Tip us?

kudoz83
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HDX 8.9" Safestrap accident... Help?

Hi guys, had everything working swimmingly after getting a replacement HDX from Amazon (due to screen flicker) and the replacement came with Rootable software! yay!

Anyway, even though I was running on Rom Slot 1 and not the Stock Rom, when I used the Wipe function it wiped everything - stock and slot... I hadn't created a recovery of Stock Rom (yes, I didn't RTFM... but I imagined I could ADB push the amazon update file and go from there... ADB was too intermittent to do this and when the HDX booted again I stupidly accepted the Kindle Fire System Recovery and tried to "recover" when there was nothing there...

So now I have the silver Kindle Fire logo... I do get MTP USB Device showing up on my PC (but can't get ADB to connect etc) and can also boot into Kindle Fire System Recovery (but the device doesn't then get detected on the PC)...

Any thoughts???

Kindlik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any update on this? I am wondering if you got it working or not.

toon159
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i did the same thing

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1312

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudoz83 View Post
Hi guys, had everything working swimmingly after getting a replacement HDX from Amazon (due to screen flicker) and the replacement came with Rootable software! yay!

Anyway, even though I was running on Rom Slot 1 and not the Stock Rom, when I used the Wipe function it wiped everything - stock and slot... I hadn't created a recovery of Stock Rom (yes, I didn't RTFM... but I imagined I could ADB push the amazon update file and go from there... ADB was too intermittent to do this and when the HDX booted again I stupidly accepted the Kindle Fire System Recovery and tried to "recover" when there was nothing there...

So now I have the silver Kindle Fire logo... I do get MTP USB Device showing up on my PC (but can't get ADB to connect etc) and can also boot into Kindle Fire System Recovery (but the device doesn't then get detected on the PC)...

Any thoughts???
No it won't wipe the stock slot. What you did was wiped the working rom slot & then rebooted into it, where no OS is, because, well, because you had just wiped it. Try Unbuntu for adb access. You *MAY be able to set it to boot to stock, or push the system files to it via adb, but I am not in a position to recreate this issue.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology: