Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Moto G/Cricket Wireless

OP rebretz000

1st June 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 209

665 posts
More
Does anybody here have the Moto G (GSM) on Cricket Wireless? If so how is it. Debating on buying myself out of my Verizon Contract and going with Cricket. I'd save $600 a year.
11th June 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Gainesville GA
Thanks Meter: 13

64 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebretz000

Does anybody here have the Moto G (GSM) on Cricket Wireless? If so how is it. Debating on buying myself out of my Verizon Contract and going with Cricket. I'd save $600 a year.

While I can't comment about how a Moto G would work with Cricket Wireless, I can advise that a Moto X works great with it. I live in the Gainesville area in Georgia and I get 8 meg per second downloads and between 3 and 5 megs a second for my uploads according to speedtest.net.

My Wife is using Cricket on a Galaxy Nexus and her speeds aren't quite as nice as mine due my phone having LTE, but for her it's around 3 megs download and about 500K to 1 meg per second upload speeds.

we had previously been using Straight Talk and Net10 running on the same AT&T network and speeds were comparable to what my wife is getting currently, however we both used to have a lot of frustrating periods where our data connections would run slow or time out on us. We haven't had that problem with cricket, which is awesome.
Last edited by doctor_evil; 11th June 2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to doctor_evil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

665 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_evil

While I can't comment about how a Moto G would work with Cricket Wireless, I can advise that a Moto X works great with it. I live in the Gainesville area in Georgia and I get 8 meg per second downloads and between 3 and 5 megs a second for my uploads according to speedtest.net.

My Wife is using Cricket on a Galaxy Nexus and her speeds aren't quite as nice as mine due my phone having LTE, but for her it's around 3 megs download and about 500K to 1 meg per second upload speeds.

we had previously been using Straight Talk and Net10 running on the same AT&T network and speeds were comparable to what my wife is getting currently, however we both used to have a lot of frustrating periods where our data connections would run slow or time out on us. We haven't had that problem with cricket, which is awesome.

THANK YOU.

Currently I have the Moto X Dev on Verizon and my wife has the Droid Ultra. Would really like to take them with us but the LTE wouldn't work. Just tired of paying so much money.
11th June 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 22

85 posts
Quote:

Works great. However, it is an XT1032, so no tmobile aws should you switch. No wifi tethering though you can bluetooth it with pdanet+.

And the bootloader is locked and no way to unlock via motorola. that's the biggest gripe.

Want mine? I just went to a us gsm model.
12th June 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

665 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockkets

Works great. However, it is an XT1032, so no tmobile aws should you switch. No wifi tethering though you can bluetooth it with pdanet+.

And the bootloader is locked and no way to unlock via motorola. that's the biggest gripe.

Want mine? I just went to a us gsm model.

No thanks. I was going to go with the US GSM Model from Motorola if I go. Or get a Nexus 5.
17th June 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag Gainesville GA
Thanks Meter: 13

64 posts
More
Quote:

No thanks. I was going to go with the US GSM Model from Motorola if I go. Or get a Nexus 5.

I switched my wife over to a unlocked Moto-G for her cricket wireless service, it's been flashed with CM11 nightly and is running very well for her, speeds are comparable to what she was getting. I think if you don't mind paying a little more the new 4G LTE version of the Moto G would work well for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to doctor_evil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread