Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 51,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Some questions about xperia zl

Tip us?

pat2211
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Some questions about xperia zl

Hi everyone, Im going to buy this smartphone so I have some questions :
1/ Is the battery life better than optimus g ? ( My old optimus g can last full a day with 4,5 hours onscreen time ( surfing webs, email, facebook,...))
2/ The temperature when gaming ? ( for example, alphast 8)
Thanks

cristianleguiz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
The battery life is not great. 3.5 hours onscreen time in 18 or 20 hrs max. In games works very good and the temperature is a little warm but that's in every demanding game

Enviado desde mi C6502 mediante Tapatalk

pat2211
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
How about CM 10.1 on this device ? Does battery life better than its stock rom ?

cristianleguiz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I can't tell you anything about cm10.1 because I have blocked the bootloader from factory. If you want cm10.1 make sure to buy a model with the bootloader allow to unlock.

Enviado desde mi C6502 mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to cristianleguiz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pat2211
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So is there anyone here using ( or used) CM 10.1 on xperia ZL ? I want to know more about battery life on this custom rom

000lance
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Using Cm11 you'll get around 3 and a half hours of battery, but you'll actually get better on stock based roms from my experience. I had to revert back to the stock rom so I can give it to the service center... so this is the only screenshot I have right now and its what i normally get...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-09-23-35-01.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	2801817  
The Following User Says Thank You to 000lance For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pat2211
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
And how about the stand by time when stamina mode is on ? Did you play games or use 3g/4g ?

000lance
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2211 View Post
And how about the stand by time when stamina mode is on ? Did you play games or use 3g/4g ?
I didn't use stamina mode much cause it cut off data but i did play plenty games (like asphalt 8, riptide 2 etc)... needless to say they did drain quite a bit of the battery. But its the same on any android device. I never felt the need to carry a portable charger and always had enough juice to reach home at night and still use it for a couple of hours... and I'm on 3g...
The Following User Says Thank You to 000lance For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pat2211
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
And how much time zl last with alphast 8 ? If you just surf webs and email, does the battery life better ? Thanks

000lance
Old
Thanks Meter 3
In about half an hour asphalt takes 10-14 % of the battery.... and web surfing takes about the same in an hour.... this is of course just off the top of my head... as i can't measure and tell you right now cause i don't have the phone with me.... But u have to realize the battery life depends from user to user and from region to region... I can give u hundreds of answers but still it might not match many others' experiences! It just varies...