Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help me please

Tip us?

bmxbrad0212
Old
(Last edited by bmxbrad0212; 16th June 2014 at 07:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] help me please

Hi guys well I have a LG G2 from AT&T and I recently got the update for the knock code and I went to do it and it say my phone is suspected to rooting because awhile ago I rooted it.to do the camera mod so I did and then I unrooted it and just left the camera mod on there well now I can't update it I have already factory reset it and it still say the.same thing help me
And the camera mod.is still there

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxbrad0212 View Post
Hi guys well I have a LG G2 from AT&T and I recently got the update for the knock code and I went to do it and it say my phone is suspected to rooting because awhile ago I rooted it.to do the camera mod so I did and then I unrooted it and just left the camera mod on there well now I can't update it I have already factory reset it and it still say the.same thing help me
And the camera mod.is still there
it's because of the camera mod, it install a couple of file that are not part of the stock rom and modifies a couple of the stock files, you would need to revert to stock d80020c and then ota to 20k/20u
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bmxbrad0212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Alright man how do I do that I'm sorry just never gone that far with it so

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1160
Quote:
Alright man how do I do that I'm sorry just never gone that far with it so

back to stock guide also keep in mind you att d800 variants so you must use method for att with lg flash tool a tot files not kdz
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bmxbrad0212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you man I will do that I have some common sense in how to do this but thank you man for the help

bmxbrad0212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey man when I do this can I really **** up the phone or should I be fine like I don't wanna destroy it it's under warranty but yea dude

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1160
Quote:
Hey man when I do this can I really **** up the phone or should I be fine like I don't wanna destroy it it's under warranty but yea dude

this guide is basically to return phone like it was brand new just opened from box, it is also used for warranty purposes like you rooted then for example screen broke you return to stock unrooted and claim warranty, and it won't mess up the device because both the dll and tot file have file checks to make sure that you are using correct files for your device so there is nothing to worry about just make sure your pc doesn't shutdown on you during the process because that can be bad