Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 46,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PC won't recognize Galaxy Gear

Tip us?

Saint_Crispin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default PC won't recognize Galaxy Gear

I need help fellas. Can't find any info on Google. My PC won't detect my Samsung Galaxy Gear. It's running software version v700xxubna6. I don't know how to make my computer see this thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bballengphd
Old
Thanks Meter 26
check out my suggestions in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785424

Saint_Crispin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
tried 3 different USB cables. the charging notification comes on but my computer doesn't make a USB sound. don't have ODIN right now so haven't tried that yet. I just want to load an android app on it but the PC won't detect it.

Saint_Crispin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i just wanna get that adb dialog box on the gear so I can sideload an app to it

bballengphd
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Couple other suggestions:

- do you have the adb drivers installed? You can get it from the "how to root your gear" thread in the General subforum.

- perhaps try different usb port?

- Did you try it on Windows 7 or Windows 8? I believe Win8 can be a little finiky sometimes.

Saint_Crispin
Old
(Last edited by Saint_Crispin; 17th June 2014 at 06:38 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballengphd View Post
Couple other suggestions:

- do you have the adb drivers installed? You can get it from the "how to root your gear" thread in the General subforum.

- perhaps try different usb port?

- Did you try it on Windows 7 or Windows 8? I believe Win8 can be a little finiky sometimes.
can someone post me a direct link to the samsung adb drivers? I am on windows 7. I plugged my note 3 into my pc and it got some drivers from that. I wonder if that's the same thing.

I have the Samsung ADB interface in my device manager when I plug my note 3 into the PC but nothing when I plug my gear.

the web site for the ADB drivers in that forum is all messed up. none of the links will work.

Saint_Crispin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok I got it working. I tried a 4th USB cable and that did the trick. I used the one that came with my PS4. I tried to install Voxer on the Gear but the Voxer app won't run. Bummer. That was the only app I wanted on there. Now I just have to find a way to uninstall it. It keeps saying failure in ADB.