Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

[Q] Do i need to install SafeStrap?

17th June 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #11  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 814

2,395 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslak

Well actually all i want to is to get rid of my current ROM which has a lot of verizon crap and install 4.4.2 Google Edition Rom, is that possible?

not possible to load any rom that isn't based rom stock kernel and that includes GPE, ASOP, CM....

you need to reveiw this thread and bookmark it. If you want to load any roms you will need safestrap

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjshepherd

thanks for the correction, I was unaware. so I can still activate and use tw roms on 4.4.2?

limitation of att 3.72 is you cant do rom slots and all rom installs must go to stock slot....but you can make backups and its been reported restore backups does work though I haven't tried it yet myself
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread