Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What is best way to get back to complete stock?

Tip us?
 
artisticcheese
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 746
Join Date: Aug 2003
Default [Q] What is best way to get back to complete stock?

Hello,

What is the best way to get back to complete stock (including locked bootloader). I'm done with playing with custom ROMs (running CM11 right now). I want stock and guaranteed stability then nightmare dealing with nightlies etc.
 
DeadlySin9
Old
#2  
DeadlySin9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 620
Posts: 1,241
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticcheese View Post
Hello,

What is the best way to get back to complete stock (including locked bootloader). I'm done with playing with custom ROMs (running CM11 right now). I want stock and guaranteed stability then nightmare dealing with nightlies etc.
I'm guessing you're on an I337 since you mentioned locked bootloader. If I were you I'd just flash a 4.4.2 stock ROM so that you can keep the possibility to use AOSP ROMs like the Google Edition ROMs and others. You can flash the ROM from HERE, use the version that doesn't say wBL at the end. Then just flash one of the 4.4.2 modems in RockRatt's I337 modem thread and it should work just fine. You could even reflash the MDL firmware before all of this to make it clean, or even just freeze the updater and stay on MDL.

If you really want to get rid of all possibility of running more than themed and modded TouchWiz ROMs, you can simply go to the General section, find the NB1 ODIN files, and flash them. If you want root after that, take the OTA to NC1 or sideload it and then use towelroot.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
artisticcheese
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 746
Join Date: Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
I'm guessing you're on an I337 since you mentioned locked bootloader. If I were you I'd just flash a 4.4.2 stock ROM so that you can keep the possibility to use AOSP ROMs like the Google Edition ROMs and others. You can flash the ROM from HERE, use the version that doesn't say wBL at the end. Then just flash one of the 4.4.2 modems in RockRatt's I337 modem thread and it should work just fine. You could even reflash the MDL firmware before all of this to make it clean, or even just freeze the updater and stay on MDL.

If you really want to get rid of all possibility of running more than themed and modded TouchWiz ROMs, you can simply go to the General section, find the NB1 ODIN files, and flash them. If you want root after that, take the OTA to NC1 or sideload it and then use towelroot.
So if I flash one of NB1 ODIN files my phone will looks like something I get from ATT store if I walk in there today, right? That's what I want to achieve, completely something unadultered.
 
DeadlySin9
Old
#4  
DeadlySin9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 620
Posts: 1,241
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticcheese View Post
So if I flash one of NB1 ODIN files my phone will looks like something I get from ATT store if I walk in there today, right? That's what I want to achieve, completely something unadultered.
Yes, it will be just like the others in every way, knox bootloader and settings and all, no custom flags or anything.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes