Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What is best way to get back to complete stock?

OP artisticcheese

16th June 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

749 posts
Hello,

What is the best way to get back to complete stock (including locked bootloader). I'm done with playing with custom ROMs (running CM11 right now). I want stock and guaranteed stability then nightmare dealing with nightlies etc.
16th June 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 651

1,308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticcheese

Hello,

What is the best way to get back to complete stock (including locked bootloader). I'm done with playing with custom ROMs (running CM11 right now). I want stock and guaranteed stability then nightmare dealing with nightlies etc.

I'm guessing you're on an I337 since you mentioned locked bootloader. If I were you I'd just flash a 4.4.2 stock ROM so that you can keep the possibility to use AOSP ROMs like the Google Edition ROMs and others. You can flash the ROM from HERE, use the version that doesn't say wBL at the end. Then just flash one of the 4.4.2 modems in RockRatt's I337 modem thread and it should work just fine. You could even reflash the MDL firmware before all of this to make it clean, or even just freeze the updater and stay on MDL.

If you really want to get rid of all possibility of running more than themed and modded TouchWiz ROMs, you can simply go to the General section, find the NB1 ODIN files, and flash them. If you want root after that, take the OTA to NC1 or sideload it and then use towelroot.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

749 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

I'm guessing you're on an I337 since you mentioned locked bootloader. If I were you I'd just flash a 4.4.2 stock ROM so that you can keep the possibility to use AOSP ROMs like the Google Edition ROMs and others. You can flash the ROM from HERE, use the version that doesn't say wBL at the end. Then just flash one of the 4.4.2 modems in RockRatt's I337 modem thread and it should work just fine. You could even reflash the MDL firmware before all of this to make it clean, or even just freeze the updater and stay on MDL.

If you really want to get rid of all possibility of running more than themed and modded TouchWiz ROMs, you can simply go to the General section, find the NB1 ODIN files, and flash them. If you want root after that, take the OTA to NC1 or sideload it and then use towelroot.

So if I flash one of NB1 ODIN files my phone will looks like something I get from ATT store if I walk in there today, right? That's what I want to achieve, completely something unadultered.
17th June 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 651

1,308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticcheese

So if I flash one of NB1 ODIN files my phone will looks like something I get from ATT store if I walk in there today, right? That's what I want to achieve, completely something unadultered.

Yes, it will be just like the others in every way, knox bootloader and settings and all, no custom flags or anything.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread