[Q] Battery terminals question.

OP Whiz91

16th June 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
So i have gotten a nasty bootloop problem and i am pretty sure it's because of a faulty battery. I am planning on ordering a new one on ebay but the problem i have is that the battery only have 3 terminals while my phone has 4 connectors and the battery has 4 terminals.

So what i am basicly is asking is will a 3 terminal battery work on a 4 connector phone ?

Thanks.
16th June 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,250

1,982 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiz91

So i have gotten a nasty bootloop problem and i am pretty sure it's because of a faulty battery. I am planning on ordering a new one on ebay but the problem i have is that the battery only have 3 terminals while my phone has 4 connectors and the battery has 4 terminals.

So what i am basicly is asking is will a 3 terminal battery work on a 4 connector phone ?

Thanks.

Four connectors is because of the NFC chip inside of battery. Three connectors probably works fine but you'll lose NFC.
Google product nr written on battery. There must be someone who have them, otherwise contact Samsung and ask them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tys0n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 17

209 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiz91

Thanks.

Bro bootloop never occurs due any battery or hardware faults you have to flash the firmware and perform factory reset.
17th June 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
More
my s3 mini got into a boot loop once i flashed stock firmware after a custom rom, fixed with wiping data.
17th June 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #5  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 149

667 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim799

Bro bootloop never occurs due any battery or hardware faults you have to flash the firmware and perform factory reset.

Wrong. Last October I had random reboots and bootloops and then the battery would say 0%, but when I connect a charger it showed correct % (not 0, obviosly). Got a new battery and all is working fine
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread