Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 51,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery terminals question.

Tip us?

Whiz91
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Battery terminals question.

So i have gotten a nasty bootloop problem and i am pretty sure it's because of a faulty battery. I am planning on ordering a new one on ebay but the problem i have is that the battery only have 3 terminals while my phone has 4 connectors and the battery has 4 terminals.

So what i am basicly is asking is will a 3 terminal battery work on a 4 connector phone ?

Thanks.

tys0n
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiz91 View Post
So i have gotten a nasty bootloop problem and i am pretty sure it's because of a faulty battery. I am planning on ordering a new one on ebay but the problem i have is that the battery only have 3 terminals while my phone has 4 connectors and the battery has 4 terminals.

So what i am basicly is asking is will a 3 terminal battery work on a 4 connector phone ?

Thanks.
Four connectors is because of the NFC chip inside of battery. Three connectors probably works fine but you'll lose NFC.
Google product nr written on battery. There must be someone who have them, otherwise contact Samsung and ask them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tys0n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qasim799
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiz91 View Post

Thanks.
Bro bootloop never occurs due any battery or hardware faults you have to flash the firmware and perform factory reset.

shervinkh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
my s3 mini got into a boot loop once i flashed stock firmware after a custom rom, fixed with wiping data.

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim799 View Post
Bro bootloop never occurs due any battery or hardware faults you have to flash the firmware and perform factory reset.
Wrong. Last October I had random reboots and bootloops and then the battery would say 0%, but when I connect a charger it showed correct % (not 0, obviosly). Got a new battery and all is working fine
Device : Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
ROM : S5style_i8190XXANC2_v4 (by @Galaxy Mini)
Recovery : TWRP 2.7.1.0 (by @Android-Andi)
Kernel : Stock 3.0.31 ANC2
Baseband : I8190XXANC2