XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nook HD Restarting or Freezing at Random.

OP Erick Silver

14th June 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,703

8,429 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil

By full wipe, do you mean data, cache and Dalvik? And you do this before installing the nightly and gapps?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app

A full wipe generally means a factory reset with CWM. That wipes /data, /cache, and dalvik. But it leaves intact your /sdcard that has your media files. And yes, that is usually done before rebooting from CWM either before or after flashing the nightly and gapps. But remember, if moving to CM11 and associated gapps you must use CWM v6045 or higher.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
17th June 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 8

185 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytomorow

I was having the same issue (freezing, shut downs and reboots) when I was using stable and snapshot builds so I did a full wipe and switched to CM11 nightlies and haven't had that issue since

I think I have a hardware problem. Mine started freezing and rebooting on 10.1.3. I did a factory reset with CWM and installed 10.2.1. After less than a day, it started doing the same thing. If it's not hardware then I've got a very poorly behaving app but tracing that down would be difficult.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
17th June 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #13  
Flag vancouver
Thanks Meter: 33

277 posts
More
Quote:

I think I have a hardware problem. Mine started freezing and rebooting on 10.1.3. I did a factory reset with CWM and installed 10.2.1. After less than a day, it started doing the same thing. If it's not hardware then I've got a very poorly behaving app but tracing that down would be difficult.

Why not;

-wipe/factory reset
-install the latest nightly (No Gapps)
-No extra apps just bare bones vanilla cm
-use it for a day browsing, checking out vids
-all goes well after one day start installing your apps one at a time

Narrow the issue down...I would figure if its having those issues even with a bare bones install then perhaps you do have a hardware issue but I doubt you do
17th June 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 8

185 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytomorow

Why not;

-wipe/factory reset
-install the latest nightly (No Gapps)
-No extra apps just bare bones vanilla cm
-use it for a day browsing, checking out vids
-all goes well after one day start installing your apps one at a time

Narrow the issue down...I would figure if its having those issues even with a bare bones install then perhaps you do have a hardware issue but I doubt you do

That will have to be my next step. How do you keep Google from automatically reloading all your apps?

17th June 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #15  
Flag vancouver
Thanks Meter: 33

277 posts
More
Quote:

That will have to be my next step. How do you keep Google from automatically reloading all your apps?

During the initial setup, after you've entered your gmail account info, there is an option for you to Restore from Google servers or something (can't remember the exact wording, sorry)? Uncheck the box and that should stop the auto download.

sometimes when I forget to untick that I immediately go into the play store and cancel all of the installs one by one manually and usually catch most of them
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread