Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,656 Members 52,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook HD Restarting or Freezing at Random.

Tip us?
 
leapinlar
Old
#11  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,624
Posts: 8,287
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
By full wipe, do you mean data, cache and Dalvik? And you do this before installing the nightly and gapps?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app
A full wipe generally means a factory reset with CWM. That wipes /data, /cache, and dalvik. But it leaves intact your /sdcard that has your media files. And yes, that is usually done before rebooting from CWM either before or after flashing the nightly and gapps. But remember, if moving to CM11 and associated gapps you must use CWM v6045 or higher.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
lmacmil
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 167
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytomorow View Post
I was having the same issue (freezing, shut downs and reboots) when I was using stable and snapshot builds so I did a full wipe and switched to CM11 nightlies and haven't had that issue since
I think I have a hardware problem. Mine started freezing and rebooting on 10.1.3. I did a factory reset with CWM and installed 10.2.1. After less than a day, it started doing the same thing. If it's not hardware then I've got a very poorly behaving app but tracing that down would be difficult.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
 
bobbytomorow
Old
#13  
bobbytomorow's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 269
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
I think I have a hardware problem. Mine started freezing and rebooting on 10.1.3. I did a factory reset with CWM and installed 10.2.1. After less than a day, it started doing the same thing. If it's not hardware then I've got a very poorly behaving app but tracing that down would be difficult.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Why not;

-wipe/factory reset
-install the latest nightly (No Gapps)
-No extra apps just bare bones vanilla cm
-use it for a day browsing, checking out vids
-all goes well after one day start installing your apps one at a time

Narrow the issue down...I would figure if its having those issues even with a bare bones install then perhaps you do have a hardware issue but I doubt you do
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is
freedom."

Corinthians 3.17
 
lmacmil
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 167
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytomorow View Post
Why not;

-wipe/factory reset
-install the latest nightly (No Gapps)
-No extra apps just bare bones vanilla cm
-use it for a day browsing, checking out vids
-all goes well after one day start installing your apps one at a time

Narrow the issue down...I would figure if its having those issues even with a bare bones install then perhaps you do have a hardware issue but I doubt you do
That will have to be my next step. How do you keep Google from automatically reloading all your apps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
 
bobbytomorow
Old
#15  
bobbytomorow's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 269
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmacmil View Post
That will have to be my next step. How do you keep Google from automatically reloading all your apps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
During the initial setup, after you've entered your gmail account info, there is an option for you to Restore from Google servers or something (can't remember the exact wording, sorry)? Uncheck the box and that should stop the auto download.

sometimes when I forget to untick that I immediately go into the play store and cancel all of the installs one by one manually and usually catch most of them
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is
freedom."

Corinthians 3.17
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes