Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 51,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Towelroot Note 3 without tripping Knox

Tip us?
 
Cookiekiller
Old
#1  
Cookiekiller's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Mar 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Towelroot Note 3 without tripping Knox

Hello @ all,

Does someone root the SM-N9005 using Towelroot without tripping Knox?

I've tried it with the following phone details without success.
  • Basisband N9005XXUENB1 (CP)
  • Build KOT49H.N9005XXUENB4 (AP)
  • N9005VFGENA4 (CSC)
  • Kernel 3.4.0-636608 (12.02.2014)
  • Android 4.4.2
I've tried with the following Odin Versions to install the firmware N9005XXUEND3_N9005PHNEND1_PHN to use the Towelroot but without succes.
  • v3.09
  • v3.07
  • v1.85
Error in Odinmode: Unsupport dev_type

Have someone a hint for me to get the Towelroot work?

Thanks and greetings Cookie
 
m4sta2k
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 176
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
I successfully rooted without tripping knox by just pressing the " make it ra1in " button !

KOT49H.N9005XXUEND5
NEXUS 7
 
Someguyfromhell
Old
#3  
Someguyfromhell's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1988
Posts: 3,905
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
According to other people, Towelroot does not work on phones with such kernel number. Update your ROM (which should also update your kernel).

EDIT: I should learn to read. Is your phone in download mode? Is Kies running in the background (if it is, close it for good)? Drivers installed?
 
Cookiekiller
Old
#4  
Cookiekiller's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Mar 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguyfromhell View Post
According to other people, Towelroot does not work on phones with such kernel number. Update your ROM (which should also update your kernel).

EDIT: I should learn to read. Is your phone in download mode? Is Kies running in the background (if it is, close it for good)? Drivers installed?
Hi,

Yes the phone is in download mode and all drivers are installed properly.
Odin recognize the phone.

Kies is not installed only the drivers.

Could you tell me witch Rom I have to use?

Greetings
 
Cookiekiller
Old
#5  
Cookiekiller's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Mar 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4sta2k View Post
I successfully rooted without tripping knox by just pressing the " make it ra1in " button !

KOT49H.N9005XXUEND5
How did you noticed that is was successful?
I've tried root checker and also superSU v1.99r4

Greetings
 
BluBBa
Old
#6  
BluBBa's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jun 2007
I have the same kernel and it doesnt work for me neither.
 
m4sta2k
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 176
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiekiller View Post
How did you noticed that is was successful?
I've tried root checker and also superSU v1.99r4

Greetings

I can use wanam xposed, room toolkit and root checker says i have root access !
Like changed to circle clock

proof :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-17 18.56.47.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	2804028  
NEXUS 7
The Following User Says Thank You to m4sta2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Cookiekiller
Old
#8  
Cookiekiller's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Mar 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4sta2k View Post
I can use wanam xposed, room toolkit and root checker says i have root access !
Like changed to circle clock

proof :
You're lucky

It won't work for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cookiekiller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...