Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android Wear Boot Animation for MotoACTV

Tip us?

wollac11
Old
(Last edited by wollac11; 11th June 2014 at 11:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 128

DONATE TO ME
Default Quick update

Turns out the PNG frames will work on the MotoACTV however it doesn't seem to load them as fast as JPGs for some reason despite the opposite being true for the bootanimations on most other devices and so in my experience at least, the JPG versions are better (smoother) on this device.

However I understand people's mileage may vary and some people will take a trade off in framerate for the sharper edges and so I have uploaded a PNG version. This will of course need to be renamed before dropping in /data/local or /system/media. You will also notice I have also replaced the preview gif for one with a higher framerate that more accurately represents the speed it appears on the device!

Previous Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16GB WiFi (sold)

C--Dog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question How do you change it?

So, how do you change the boot animation? Do we just flash the attached zip in recovery?

wollac11
Old
(Last edited by wollac11; 17th June 2014 at 08:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 128

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by C--Dog View Post
So, how do you change the boot animation? Do we just flash the attached zip in recovery?
Hi, no this is not a flashable zip. You push it to /data/local or /system/media with adb or using a root file explorer. If pushing to /system/media it will actually overwrite the existing animation so I suggest backing it up first. If using a root file explorer then you will also need to set the file permissions to 644.

For example: running "adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/" should do the trick.

Previous Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16GB WiFi (sold)
The Following User Says Thank You to wollac11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android wear, boot animation, lg g watch, moto actv