Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Development on virtualbox

Tip us?

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1484

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acudor View Post
u're right about the i7 , but the OS reads those threads as cores not threads which gives me the opportunity to set rendering on 3dsmax for example on 7 cores and leave one core for pc usage

so i believe that the VB can also read them as 8 cores ? no idea but if 2 cores makes no noteable difference than 4 or more then its cool

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In 3dsmax, Maya, etc. that works but in Virtualbox it won't let you do that as it won't let you set more then the actual physical number of CPU cores your processor has. But, again leaving it at the 2 cores should be more then fine for this situation. On a side-note adding on the the post below yours, while Wubi is good for people who want to experiment with Ubuntu for doing intense tasks the Wubi installation method doesn't have good performance and can cause other headaches down the road.
The Following User Says Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Acudor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208 View Post
In 3dsmax, Maya, etc. that works but in Virtualbox it won't let you do that as it won't let you set more then the actual physical number of CPU cores your processor has. But, again leaving it at the 2 cores should be more then fine for this situation. On a side-note adding on the the post below yours, while Wubi is good for people who want to experiment with Ubuntu for doing intense tasks the Wubi installation method doesn't have good performance and can cause other headaches down the road.
ok then i guess am good to go , thank you very much shimp.. u really helped me out u have no idea

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Acudor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]