[SOLVED][Q] Help adding Gradle based library to my non-Gradle non-Eclipse project

OP Tory Gaurnier

7th June 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24

30 posts
More
I'm trying to use HoloColorPicker by Lars Werkman, now I'm not using Eclipse or the Android Studio, I'm doing everything via command line and advanced text editors (that's just how I like it). Now the problem I'm running into is HoloColorPicker uses Gradle, so it doesn't have a build.xml file, giving me this error when I try to build:

Invalid file: /HOMEFOLDER/DevTools/AndroidLibs/HoloColorPicker/build.xml

I used the `android update project` command to add the library to my project, so how do I either convert the Gradle project to a standard android proect, or get it to build the library with gradle instead of build.xml???

Any help is greately apprecieated, thanks.
Last edited by Tory Gaurnier; 17th June 2014 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Solved problem
9th June 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

30 posts
More
Well, I think I figured it out, all I had to do was open a terminal in the folder of library project and run this:
android update lib-project --path . --target 1

Afterwards it created the appropriate files that were needed and it now compiles, of course I won't know for 100% certainty until I actually use some things from the library and get it to run.
17th June 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

30 posts
More
Well, I've tested it and this did fix my issue, I was able to successfully import the library.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dev, gradle, library
Previous Thread Next Thread