Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 36,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BKC50 disconituned according to clove

Tip us?

bagiz010
Old
(Last edited by bagiz010; 16th June 2014 at 12:38 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default BKC50 disconituned according to clove

Cant upload a pic, but if u search for the bkc50 in clove, they wrote that there's a problem something with the magnet..
Their suggest to only buy the sony's keyboard..

spanielhead
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagiz010 View Post
Cant upload a pic, but if u search for the bkc50 in clove, they wrote that there's a problem something with the magnet..
Their suggest to only buy the sony's keyboard..
I just receive this email from Clove

""We regret to inform you that we are stopping the global launch of BKC50. The background is that the closing magnet had to be removed as it affected the sleep mode/wake up function of the tablet, which consequently implied a risk that tablet would fall out when carried. This decision is fully aligned within SOMC top management. We are looking into a potential back-up solution and will inform you as soon as we have more clarity about this. We apologies for any inconvenience caused."

Need to look elsewhere it seems.

bagiz010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanielhead View Post
I just receive this email from Clove

""We regret to inform you that we are stopping the global launch of BKC50. The background is that the closing magnet had to be removed as it affected the sleep mode/wake up function of the tablet, which consequently implied a risk that tablet would fall out when carried. This decision is fully aligned within SOMC top management. We are looking into a potential back-up solution and will inform you as soon as we have more clarity about this. We apologies for any inconvenience caused."

Need to look elsewhere it seems.
I received the same one..
I orderd from ebay some keyboard case but a chip one..

hidea
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Aw dammit, I really looked forward to the BKC50. But I'm sorta glad I discovered the issue before ordering the BKC50 from Japan.

Apparently, a seller on Rakuten is still selling it: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/p..._browsehist_en

There's also a different keyboard case, the BKC10, which seem to be just the bluetooth keyboard, with some sort of "cover" for the keyboard itself. And when the cover is unfolded, you can use it as a stand for your Z2 phone or tablet.

I might just go with the regular Style Cover Stand SCR12 & Bluetooth Keyboard BKB10.
Unlocked Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (SGP511)
Unlocked Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503) on Virgin Mobile
Rogers HTC One 2014 (M8) on Koodo Mobile
Rogers HTC One (M7) on Koodo Wireless
Bell Galaxy S5 on Virgin Mobile
Rogers LG G2 (D803) on Virgin Mobile
Rogers Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M) on Virgin Mobile
Google Nexus 5 on Virgin Mobile
TELUS Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8) on Koodo Wireless & Galaxy Gear (SM-V7000ZKAXAC)
Rogers Moto X (XT1058) on Koodo Wireless

bagiz010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidea View Post
Aw dammit, I really looked forward to the BKC50. But I'm sorta glad I discovered the issue before ordering the BKC50 from Japan.

Apparently, a seller on Rakuten is still selling it: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/p..._browsehist_en

There's also a different keyboard case, the BKC10, which seem to be just the bluetooth keyboard, with some sort of "cover" for the keyboard itself. And when the cover is unfolded, you can use it as a stand for your Z2 phone or tablet.

I might just go with the regular Style Cover Stand SCR12 & Bluetooth Keyboard BKB10.
Really first time I heard of this BKC10..
It looks almost the same with the BKC5O..
U know the diffrence between them two? And if the case is fit to the xperia z2 tablet?

bagiz010
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidea View Post

After checking it in Clove, in their site they wrote that the bkc10 is also disconitued.
http://www.clove.co.uk/sony-bkc10-bl...th-cover-stand

hidea
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Really first time I heard of this BKC10..
It looks almost the same with the BKC5O..
U know the diffrence between them two? And if the case is fit to the xperia z2 tablet?
It appears that the BKC10 isn't actually attached to the tablet. Instead, it's only a stand when it's "opened" with the keyboard laid out.

While the BKC50 is actually a proper 'case', as in the BKC50 is attached to the tablet, and can be used with, or without the keyboard (the keyboard can be removed). It also functions as a stand when it's opened.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote:
After checking it in Clove, in their site they wrote that the bkc10 is also disconitued.
http://www.clove.co.uk/sony-bkc10-bl...th-cover-stand
I genuinely think this is a mistake; it's the BKC10 that has issues, while BKC50 is "fine", since BKC50 has plastic clips to hold/secure the tablet. I probably should email them.
Unlocked Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (SGP511)
Unlocked Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503) on Virgin Mobile
Rogers HTC One 2014 (M8) on Koodo Mobile
Rogers HTC One (M7) on Koodo Wireless
Bell Galaxy S5 on Virgin Mobile
Rogers LG G2 (D803) on Virgin Mobile
Rogers Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M) on Virgin Mobile
Google Nexus 5 on Virgin Mobile
TELUS Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8) on Koodo Wireless & Galaxy Gear (SM-V7000ZKAXAC)
Rogers Moto X (XT1058) on Koodo Wireless

The Following User Says Thank You to hidea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]