Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

When will we be able to root note 3 running 4.4.2

Tip us?

daredevil061305
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default When will we be able to root note 3 running 4.4.2

If there is not a chance of rooting or putting a custom rom on my note 3 then what's the purpose of even having this thing. It's nice but my note 2 has much more options as far as putting a custom rom on it. What has Samsung done? Are they in competition with HTC as far as locking us out of our own devices that we pay several hundreds of dollars for. I figured 1 of these devs would have already had this figured out and if they can't then we are pretty screwed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app

RashAPu
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil061305 View Post
If there is not a chance of rooting or putting a custom rom on my note 3 then what's the purpose of even having this thing. It's nice but my note 2 has much more options as far as putting a custom rom on it. What has Samsung done? Are they in competition with HTC as far as locking us out of our own devices that we pay several hundreds of dollars for. I figured 1 of these devs would have already had this figured out and if they can't then we are pretty screwed

Sometimes reading helps. towelroot.com

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil061305 View Post

If you did your research you'd find that root is available and that you can install custom roms via safestrap.

Also Samsung isn't the one limiting the note 3 by locking the bootloader. It's at&t. Don't be hatin on Samsung.

arlenesboyfriend
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
root it right now go to www.towelroot.com and than download superuser..... it works flawlessley

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to arlenesboyfriend For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

voigts
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlenesboyfriend View Post
root it right now go to www.towelroot.com and than download superuser..... it works flawlessley

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
No need to even download Superuser. I just installed the apk and viola, root!
The Following User Says Thank You to voigts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]