Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gear 2 Superfixer

Tip us?

antvuur
Old
(Last edited by antvuur; 21st May 2014 at 06:55 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Gear 2 Superfixer

Hi,
I got my gear 2 this morning and was looking to use it with my Sony Z. I found this app in the market ' Gear 2 Superfix ' . After installing the app it connected perfectly. Nearly everything works apart for weather and a couple more things.
There is an update for the gear manager (2.14041404) but am unable to install that yet.
Also in my gear manager i dont have Samsung Apps iether.
Anyway on the whole im happy it works on my not rooted sony z.
I'd be pleased to here from anyone who als uses this app. It cost 7 euros.
Regards Ant

Sent from my GT-N8010 using XDA Free mobile app

BigDanInTX
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I think he means GEAR 2 SUPERFIXER (air.creatix.neoguide in Google Play Store), created by CREATIX DIGITAL.

It's currently listed at $8.99.

Quote:
Description
Connect your gear 2, gear 2 neo or galaxy gear with any android device*

This app will help you with most connection issues of your samsung galaxy gear, gear 2 and gear 2 neo.
Also check "Fit SuperFixer" for samsung gear fit.

Simply use the Fix button and you will get simple patches and instructions on how to fix your connection, the app detecs your phone model and checks for compatibility, some device may not be supported, but most of them work flawlessly. Cyanogen Mod Roms are likely to fail but some users reported it as working fine.

*Tested devices:

All variants of the M8
All variants of the M7
Nexus 4
Nexus 5
Nexus 7
Xperia Z Ultra
Xperia SP
Moto X

What works:

Notifications
Clocks
Find my Device
Heart Rate
Reject Calls
Media Controls
Watchface customizer
Pretty much everything

What doesn’t work yet:

No Weather
No music controller
No WatchOn
No SVoice
No Schedule
Pretty much anything that uses a Samsung Account or Samsung Services (this will be fixed in the next release)
It's promising to know that there are options if I choose not to get a Samsung phone down the line.
Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Gear 2 Neo | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
The Following User Says Thank You to BigDanInTX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mpogr
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Default Real advantages?

If anyone played with this app, could you, please, post if this app has any real advantages over the free methods, specifically in the following areas that have not been working otherwise:
  • Weather
  • SMS, Email and Phone Call history browsing (I'm not talking about notifications, I'm talking about browsing previous text messages, emails and phone call history, please, be specific about it)
  • SMS and Email composition using S Voice
  • Receiving phone alarms on the watch
  • Fitness apps requiring GPS support (biking and hiking)
Also, the screenshot included with the app on Google Play suggests it has a way of rooting the Gear 2 (not the original Gear!) watch. Is it really the case?

Tay Za
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Angry I can't make it work with Samsung Note 8.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDanInTX View Post
I think he means GEAR 2 SUPERFIXER (air.creatix.neoguide in Google Play Store), created by CREATIX DIGITAL.

It's promising to know that there are options if I choose not to get a Samsung phone down the line.
I bought it and installed on Note 8.0 GT-N5100, I am able to establish the Bluetooth connection with Gear 2, I can sync the Address book and call out form Gear 2.
But in the Gear Manager, it only shown paired and I can't connect it. so I can't do or configure anything.

nrseife
Old
Thanks Meter 2
No need to purchase this app for the Note 8.0. The Note 8.0 with KK is fully compatible with Gear 2 (you just need to sideload Gear Manager). The only thing that does not work is the gear samsung app store access, but superfixer does nit fix that either...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda premium

OhMgEeeee
Old
(Last edited by OhMgEeeee; 17th June 2014 at 10:47 PM.) Reason: Not enough information.
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDanInTX View Post

Decided to take one for the team and test it. It seems to just have you download a slightly different version of Samsung's Gear Manager. But when I go to pair the device with it on my Galaxy S4 it just stalls out at connecting. (it could possibly be working idk) I will post screen shots of the software and what has you download. It might simply be my cyanogen 10.2.1 preventing it from working. Upgrading to cyanogen 11 to test.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpogr View Post
If anyone played with this app, could you, please, post if this app has any real advantages over the free methods, specifically in the following areas that have not been working otherwise:
  • Weather
  • SMS, Email and Phone Call history browsing (I'm not talking about notifications, I'm talking about browsing previous text messages, emails and phone call history, please, be specific about it)
  • SMS and Email composition using S Voice
  • Receiving phone alarms on the watch
  • Fitness apps requiring GPS support (biking and hiking)
Also, the screenshot included with the app on Google Play suggests it has a way of rooting the Gear 2 (not the original Gear!) watch. Is it really the case?
It provides a link to xda's video on how to root it.
I can't quiet link it yet. Need 10 more posts