5,815,061 Members 37,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Boot Loop after trying to Flash Cyanogenmod 11 through AutoRec?

Tip us?

LGGuy83
Old
(Last edited by LGGuy83; 17th June 2014 at 08:26 PM.) Reason: Added info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Boot Loop after trying to Flash Cyanogenmod 11 through AutoRec?

Hello,

I am very new to rooting, and just rooted my Sprint LG G2 with 4.4.2 KitKat through IORoot 25 and then used AutoRec as my TWRP. I then downloaded Cyanogenmod11 from its website onto my phone, and tried to flash install it through AutoRec. However, when I try to install the CM11 ROM, I get the "MD5 not found" message, and when I try to reboot after this, my phone goes into what I think is Bootloop (the LG home screen continuously turns on for a couple seconds, then stops for a split second, and then turns back on for a couple seconds). Fortunately, I am was able to hard restart my phone by holding Power and Volume Up together while this screen is on, and I was able to restore my phone with the backup I made, and my phone is now working fine with the stock ROM. Has anyone else had this problem before, and if so is there a better way for my to install custom ROM, and/or fix that MD5 message? Does anyone know what that MD5 message means?

One other note, I have been doing some reading and I currently have ZVC radio. I'm not sure what this means exactly, but would this make a difference?

Thanks!

secret.animal
Old
Thanks Meter 546
If you are on 4.4.2 cm won't work on that version yet

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LGGuy83
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret.animal View Post
If you are on 4.4.2 cm won't work on that version yet

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Interesting, thanks. Are there any ROMs that work for 4.4.2 that people have been using, or am I pretty much stuck with the stock ROM until CM is updated?

secret.animal
Old
Thanks Meter 546
Cloudyfa has some in the G2 android development forum. There are some others that will work with sprint.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2687613

[INDEX][REPO][AIO] LG G2 - ROMs | Kernels | MODs | Recoveries [UPDATED][9 June 14]
Has some info in it also

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk