Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,183 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to turn on Wi-Fi hotspot permanently?

Tip us?

AadilValconi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to turn on Wi-Fi hotspot permanently?

Hello,
I have an old android 2.2 phone (Karbonn A1) and I use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot. Its battery is dead so I just plug it in my PC via USB cable and it turns on and it turns off as soon as the PC shuts down. Now every-time I turn my PC on, on the phone I have to go to setting and then turn on the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot on every single time. So is there any way that I can permanently turn on the Wi-Fi hotspot, like when the phone is turned off and then turned on the data connection is always on until I turn it off manually but the Wi-Fi hotspot turns off when the phone is turned off. My phone is rooted.
Any help would be appreciated.

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by AadilValconi View Post
Hello,
I have an old android 2.2 phone (Karbonn A1) and I use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot. Its battery is dead so I just plug it in my PC via USB cable and it turns on and it turns off as soon as the PC shuts down. Now every-time I turn my PC on, on the phone I have to go to setting and then turn on the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot on every single time. So is there any way that I can permanently turn on the Wi-Fi hotspot, like when the phone is turned off and then turned on the data connection is always on until I turn it off manually but the Wi-Fi hotspot turns off when the phone is turned off. My phone is rooted.
Any help would be appreciated.
im not sure if it will work on a system version that old, but there is an app called llama that will turn it on automatically.

how you would set it up is:
-delete all the pre installed events as you wont need them
-create a new event
-add condition, "enter/in area" and choose "home"
-add action, "wifi hotspot"
-back out and it will save
-now go to "areas/home", long press and select "learn". i recommend at least 2 hours for best results.

thats it. it should now boot up and turn on the hotspot (provided you are home).
it uses cell signatures, not gps. so it wont tax your already dead battery

hope that helps
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks