Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,204 Members 45,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Feature not available in XBIN mode?

Tip us?

Dreadlord12p
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Feature not available in XBIN mode?

Does anybody know how to make Survival Mode work for SuperSU? I just rooted my Droid Ultra on Obake version 12.5.3 and am trying to remove the Write Protection, but in order to do that, I need to enable Survival Mode on SuperSU. I have the pro version purchased, but for some reason, a bunch of features are greyed out and not available, saying, "Feature not available in XBIN mode". What does this mean and, can I change something to make it available?

rds217
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlord12p View Post
Does anybody know how to make Survival Mode work for SuperSU? I just rooted my Droid Ultra on Obake version 12.5.3 and am trying to remove the Write Protection, but in order to do that, I need to enable Survival Mode on SuperSU. I have the pro version purchased, but for some reason, a bunch of features are greyed out and not available, saying, "Feature not available in XBIN mode". What does this mean and, can I change something to make it available?
I had the same problem. To get rid of it, I had to flash the SuperSU zip from Safestrap. I ran into a problem where Safestrap couldn't mount the storage to access the zip; took me a while to figure out that it was because I had encrypted storage.
I did a titanium backup of all my apps/data, copied it over to my computer, then did a full FXZ of 19.5.3 with data wipe. Then I followed xDroid4Life's instructions on root/wp-off, installed Safestrap and then SuperSU via Safestrap.

Dreadlord12p
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds217 View Post
I had the same problem. To get rid of it, I had to flash the SuperSU zip from Safestrap. I ran into a problem where Safestrap couldn't mount the storage to access the zip; took me a while to figure out that it was because I had encrypted storage.
I did a titanium backup of all my apps/data, copied it over to my computer, then did a full FXZ of 19.5.3 with data wipe. Then I followed xDroid4Life's instructions on root/wp-off, installed Safestrap and then SuperSU via Safestrap.
Can you send me a link or send me the SuperSU ZIP file?

Dreadlord12p
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlord12p View Post
Can you send me a link or send me the SuperSU ZIP file?
Edit: Never mind. I am fully rooted and WP Off. I can fully reboot and still have root!