Post Reply

[Q] Feature not available in XBIN mode?

OP Dreadlord12p

17th June 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 1
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Does anybody know how to make Survival Mode work for SuperSU? I just rooted my Droid Ultra on Obake version 12.5.3 and am trying to remove the Write Protection, but in order to do that, I need to enable Survival Mode on SuperSU. I have the pro version purchased, but for some reason, a bunch of features are greyed out and not available, saying, "Feature not available in XBIN mode". What does this mean and, can I change something to make it available?
17th June 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #2  
Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 10
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlord12p

Does anybody know how to make Survival Mode work for SuperSU? I just rooted my Droid Ultra on Obake version 12.5.3 and am trying to remove the Write Protection, but in order to do that, I need to enable Survival Mode on SuperSU. I have the pro version purchased, but for some reason, a bunch of features are greyed out and not available, saying, "Feature not available in XBIN mode". What does this mean and, can I change something to make it available?

I had the same problem. To get rid of it, I had to flash the SuperSU zip from Safestrap. I ran into a problem where Safestrap couldn't mount the storage to access the zip; took me a while to figure out that it was because I had encrypted storage.
I did a titanium backup of all my apps/data, copied it over to my computer, then did a full FXZ of 19.5.3 with data wipe. Then I followed xDroid4Life's instructions on root/wp-off, installed Safestrap and then SuperSU via Safestrap.
17th June 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 1
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds217

I had the same problem. To get rid of it, I had to flash the SuperSU zip from Safestrap. I ran into a problem where Safestrap couldn't mount the storage to access the zip; took me a while to figure out that it was because I had encrypted storage.
I did a titanium backup of all my apps/data, copied it over to my computer, then did a full FXZ of 19.5.3 with data wipe. Then I followed xDroid4Life's instructions on root/wp-off, installed Safestrap and then SuperSU via Safestrap.

Can you send me a link or send me the SuperSU ZIP file?
18th June 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 1
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlord12p

Can you send me a link or send me the SuperSU ZIP file?

Edit: Never mind. I am fully rooted and WP Off. I can fully reboot and still have root!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes