Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Best path to get current.

OP lehthanis

17th June 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #11  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 448

1,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lehthanis

So if I upgrade to the kk bootloader, and then root with that utility, will my bootloader still be unlocked? What version of twrp should I install? Should I just chill out on stock with root and unlocked until CM11 is stable?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes, once the bootloader has been unlocked, you could have taken the 9.18 OTA, which patches the EXPLOIT allowing the unlocking, and you still would have been unlocked.

If you took the KitKat OTA, you would still be unlocked. Once unlocked, it stays unlocked since it's a physical change in the phone (blowing an eFuse). You can't set the eFuse to an unblown state. Kind of like a light bulb or the old screw-in fuses for a fuse box in your house. Once the filament in a light bulb breaks, or the fuse blows, it's "blown" for good.

So, once the bootloader was unlocked on your wife's phone, you could have taken any OTA and you would have been safe. No need to go to KK OTA and then unlock it again because it's still unlocked.

You've been safe this whole time.
Last edited by iBolski; 17th June 2014 at 01:05 PM.
18th June 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I ended up putting the latest snapshot build of CM11 on after using the utility to flash a newer twrp. Working like a champ. I'll wait for cm11 to get stable on the kk bootloader before upgrading that. Thanks for all the help!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread