[Q] Phone won't charge without USB cord being held in certain position

OP aman207

17th June 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
I went to charge my phone today but all of a sudden I couldn't just plug it in and have it charge like I normally do. I have to pull my cord toward the front of my phone to get it to charge and I have to leave it like that. I thought it might be a bent connector since I have to force the contact points together, but I don't want to risk anything. I know its not the cord as I have tried 3 different ones and I have used both a computer and a AC adapter to attempt to charge it.

Can I buy a replacement charging port or could it be something else?

Thanks,

aman207
17th June 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #2  
Virginia
Thanks Meter: 20

79 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman207

I went to charge my phone today but all of a sudden I couldn't just plug it in and have it charge like I normally do. I have to pull my cord toward the front of my phone to get it to charge and I have to leave it like that. I thought it might be a bent connector since I have to force the contact points together, but I don't want to risk anything. I know its not the cord as I have tried 3 different ones and I have used both a computer and a AC adapter to attempt to charge it.

Can I buy a replacement charging port or could it be something else?

Thanks,

aman207

As our phones age, this can become a problem. A few months ago, same thing happened to my phone. I called T-Mobile and asked if the charging ports could be repaired. The bad news is that (according to T-Mobile), they can't be repaired economically. The good news is that they'll send you a replacement phone at no charge.
18th June 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #3  
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 109

527 posts
More
Mobiletechvideo fixed mine for $35.
18th June 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyG

As our phones age, this can become a problem. A few months ago, same thing happened to my phone. I called T-Mobile and asked if the charging ports could be repaired. The bad news is that (according to T-Mobile), they can't be repaired economically. The good news is that they'll send you a replacement phone at no charge.

Hm well that's unfortunate. I forgot to mention that I'm with wind. They charge for warranty repair after 1 year from original purchase date. I'm going to try to go to a warranty center to see how much it is.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread