Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Complete Root Noob

OP sherlockj4

16th June 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hey all I have been lurking this thread for awhile and today I saw that we have finally been granted root access. Now I am going to be totally honest, I am a total NOOB and have no idea what i can do with a rooted phone.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to how i can uninstall bloat? And install fancy modifications???? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you!
16th June 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #2  
briantacker's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
For the bloat I use titanium backup. As for the fancy modifications I would look into xposed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
16th June 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by briantacker

For the bloat I use titanium backup. As for the fancy modifications I would look into xposed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i downloaded titanium i just dont see how i can uninstall things with it yet but i am sure i can figure it out soon. as for xposed how do i go about installing that? is it on the playstore? also people on the reddit/r/android said there were ways to get free apps??
16th June 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #4  
Franzie3's Avatar
Senior Member
Wappingers Falls, NY
Thanks Meter: 353
 
643 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockj4

Hey all I have been lurking this thread for awhile and today I saw that we have finally been granted root access. Now I am going to be totally honest, I am a total NOOB and have no idea what i can do with a rooted phone.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to how i can uninstall bloat? And install fancy modifications???? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you!

You can PM me if you want. I'll give you some tips/etc. For starters make sure you are rooted and have the latest SuperSu installed. (Check the root thread for a newer version, dont think play store has been updated yet). And then I would recommend installing Titanium Backup (as stated above) and even buying the Pro version for $5, its worth it in the long run if you ask me. I';ve used it on the last 7 android phones ive owned. So it's well paid for itself. once your set there PM me and i'll give you some things to check out.

We may get Safestrap recovery at some point but that will only allow us to flash roms based on the stock kernel. We shall see.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franzie3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #5  
elliwigy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,139
 
2,666 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockj4

i downloaded titanium i just dont see how i can uninstall things with it yet but i am sure i can figure it out soon. as for xposed how do i go about installing that? is it on the playstore? also people on the reddit/r/android said there were ways to get free apps??

you open it and press Backup/Restore tab then push app you want to select n uninstall

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
18th June 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #6  
Broadley1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
211 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Do yourself a favor and freeze the apps you don't want first, instead of uninstalling. Atleast if you freeze an app with titanium backup and it screws your phone you can just unfreeze it and be good to go. :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes