Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked Rooted LG G2 After OTA, No Download Mode

Tip us?
 
Dirk1616
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] Bricked Rooted LG G2 After OTA, No Download Mode

I have the D-800 AT&T LG G2, It was rooted with KitKat 4.4.2. After I rooted my phone, I tried several different ways to install TWRP onto it. I tried FreeGee, adb shell, and straight from TWRP App, nothing worked, because when I tried to boot into TWRP it would just come up with the LG Logo and "Secure Boot Error" and "Certification Error" or something like that, then be a blank screen. I then just held the power button to turn it off, and it would turn back on and run fine, no problem. I figured it never installed right, and so I left TWRP alone. I know you are not supposed to take an OTA after install TWRP, but thinking TWRP never installed on the phone, I took the OTA, and now it will do the "Error" messages and blank screen, but my power off, power on trick doesn't work anymore. I can boot into Recovery Mode, but when I do a Factory Reset, the screen just goes blank. I have tried to put it into Download Mode by pressing Volume Up + Power when hooked up to a PC, but nothing happens. I feel as though its a tough brick. Please Help!
 
dotjsx
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk1616 View Post
I have the D-800 AT&T LG G2, It was rooted with KitKat 4.4.2. After I rooted my phone, I tried several different ways to install TWRP onto it. I tried FreeGee, adb shell, and straight from TWRP App, nothing worked, because when I tried to boot into TWRP it would just come up with the LG Logo and "Secure Boot Error" and "Certification Error" or something like that, then be a blank screen. I then just held the power button to turn it off, and it would turn back on and run fine, no problem. I figured it never installed right, and so I left TWRP alone. I know you are not supposed to take an OTA after install TWRP, but thinking TWRP never installed on the phone, I took the OTA, and now it will do the "Error" messages and blank screen, but my power off, power on trick doesn't work anymore. I can boot into Recovery Mode, but when I do a Factory Reset, the screen just goes blank. I have tried to put it into Download Mode by pressing Volume Up + Power when hooked up to a PC, but nothing happens. I feel as though its a tough brick. Please Help!

Bump Please. Same Exact Problem With Me, Rooted, Couldnt Get A Recovery Installed (Even Though I've Literally Been Doing Custom ROMs Since The G1 Released) And As Of The Other Day, AT&T Kept Bugging Me To Update To 4.4.2, Even Though I Was Already At 4.4.2. I Kept Declining, But Today My Battery Died, And When It Turned On, It Automatically Installed It, And I'm Getting The Same Errors And Everything.
 
Dirk1616
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default Send It In

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotjsx View Post
Bump Please. Same Exact Problem With Me, Rooted, Couldnt Get A Recovery Installed (Even Though I've Literally Been Doing Custom ROMs Since The G1 Released) And As Of The Other Day, AT&T Kept Bugging Me To Update To 4.4.2, Even Though I Was Already At 4.4.2. I Kept Declining, But Today My Battery Died, And When It Turned On, It Automatically Installed It, And I'm Getting The Same Errors And Everything.
I could not find a fix for this problem. Instead, I sent it back saying that it updated automatically and then it didn't work. They can not tell that you have rooted it, because it is so messed up, SO DONT TELL THEM THAT YOU DID! It'll take about 2-3 weeks foe it to be sent back. It'll be free as long as you are under warranty. Just talk to a customer service person on LGs Online Customer Service people. I hope this helps you out!
 
dotjsx
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk1616 View Post
I could not find a fix for this problem. Instead, I sent it back saying that it updated automatically and then it didn't work. They can not tell that you have rooted it, because it is so messed up, SO DONT TELL THEM THAT YOU DID! It'll take about 2-3 weeks foe it to be sent back. It'll be free as long as you are under warranty. Just talk to a customer service person on LGs Online Customer Service people. I hope this helps you out!

Thanks For The Suggestion. Ironically, I Was Just At The AT&T Store Because They Were Selling Otterbox Defenders For 25 Bucks, And I Told The Guy That My Phone Was Rooted. I'll Have To Go To Another Store. I'm Working On The Linux Fix As We Speak, So Hopefully I Wont Have To Send It In.
 
Dirk1616
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotjsx View Post
Thanks For The Suggestion. Ironically, I Was Just At The AT&T Store Because They Were Selling Otterbox Defenders For 25 Bucks, And I Told The Guy That My Phone Was Rooted. I'll Have To Go To Another Store. I'm Working On The Linux Fix As We Speak, So Hopefully I Wont Have To Send It In.
I have tried the Linux fix, that didn't work for me, hope it works out for you. Talk to LG, they are the ones who will fix it. You will have to send it to them. I used United States Postal Service, it costed me like 9 dollars, which isn't bad. Good Luck!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes