Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] XT926 CWM Issue?

OP Kin Kira

17th June 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

51 posts
I'm rooted and was running stock 4.4.2 with an unlocked bootloader. I flashed CWM 6.0.4.4 touch recovery and I can't even boot into recovery. It bootloops. Any ideas?

edit #1
Actually it just booted into fastboot and it gave the reason "Flash Failure" huh?

edit #2
Seem's the best bet is to steer away from CWM and use TWRP, Booted to fastboot, flashed twrp and than cyanogenmod and boom. I'm where I wanted to be. I'll try to help figure out what's up with CWM though if that would help anyone else that had this issue....
Last edited by Kin Kira; 17th June 2014 at 01:54 AM.
17th June 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 971

2,039 posts
More
there is nothing wrong with cwm. you used a version not compatible with your system version.
17th June 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 86

244 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

there is nothing wrong with cwm. you used a version not compatible with your system version.

This. 6.0.4.4 is not compatible with the KK OTA. If you want to use CWM you need to use the 6.0.4.9 one dhacker posted last week.
18th June 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I'm new to rooting/unlocking. I used towelroot and Moto-pocalypse on an XT926 running KK. I know that I need to use CWM to backup my phone, but all the tutorials I found online seem outdated. I was wondering if someone could link me to a more recent tutorial or explain to me what I need to do. I would really appreciate it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread