Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,015 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XT926 CWM Issue?

Tip us?

Kin Kira
Old
(Last edited by Kin Kira; 17th June 2014 at 12:54 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] XT926 CWM Issue?

I'm rooted and was running stock 4.4.2 with an unlocked bootloader. I flashed CWM 6.0.4.4 touch recovery and I can't even boot into recovery. It bootloops. Any ideas?

edit #1
Actually it just booted into fastboot and it gave the reason "Flash Failure" huh?

edit #2
Seem's the best bet is to steer away from CWM and use TWRP, Booted to fastboot, flashed twrp and than cyanogenmod and boom. I'm where I wanted to be. I'll try to help figure out what's up with CWM though if that would help anyone else that had this issue....

Current Phone:
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-900V) 4.4.2 Rooted Stock ROM.

Retired Phones:
Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT926 Rooted & Unlocked 4.4.2 GSM Unlocked.

Samsung Galaxy S3(I ripped it in half oops) Cyanogenmod flashed to VM.

Evo 3D 'V' Dirty Unicorns AOKP Hboot 1.40 S-Off

HTC One V Rooted Stock

iPhone 5c Jailbroken 7.0.6

Samsung Galaxy S2 Rooted Stock

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 608
there is nothing wrong with cwm. you used a version not compatible with your system version.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here

killrhythm09
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
there is nothing wrong with cwm. you used a version not compatible with your system version.
This. 6.0.4.4 is not compatible with the KK OTA. If you want to use CWM you need to use the 6.0.4.9 one dhacker posted last week.
Device: Motorola Droid RAZR HD xt926 | Bootloader Unlocked & Rooted | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0 | ROM: CM11 nightlies

oFumbleSo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm new to rooting/unlocking. I used towelroot and Moto-pocalypse on an XT926 running KK. I know that I need to use CWM to backup my phone, but all the tutorials I found online seem outdated. I was wondering if someone could link me to a more recent tutorial or explain to me what I need to do. I would really appreciate it.