Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CWM XT926 help

Tip us?

oFumbleSo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] CWM XT926 help

I'm new to rooting/unlocking. I used towelroot and Moto-pocalypse on an XT926 running KK. I know that I need to use CWM to backup my phone, but all the tutorials I found online seem outdated. I was wondering if someone could link me to a more recent tutorial or explain to me what I need to do. I would really appreciate it.

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by oFumbleSo View Post
I'm new to rooting/unlocking. I used towelroot and Moto-pocalypse on an XT926 running KK. I know that I need to use CWM to backup my phone, but all the tutorials I found online seem outdated. I was wondering if someone could link me to a more recent tutorial or explain to me what I need to do. I would really appreciate it.
please dont post the same question across multiple threads. it will not get you help faster.

you can put the cwm file on your phone and use flashify from the market to install it.
after that, boot into recovery, navigate to the backup tab, and make your backup.

there are other methods to install the cwm file, but if you are new, flashify is the easiest to understand.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here

oFumbleSo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you so much. I tried to delete the question in the other thread, but it said something about restrictions and wouldn't let me.