Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Noob Question… What is exposed installer and is good for Note 3 official stock?

Tip us?

kaice30
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Noob Question… What is exposed installer and is good for Note 3 official stock?

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

topherk
Old
Thanks Meter 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaice30 View Post
Hmmm, where to begin...

First off, you need to be rooted in order to install XPosed. If you aren't comfortable being rooted, then you needn't look any further into this and the rest of my post is a waste...

If you are ok with rooting your phone, then let's go down the rabbit hole!

There are a lot of mods here on XDA. They typically require root access or a custom recovery (TWRP or other) to install. These work really well, but once you install them, they are very difficult to uninstall. And if you install a second mod, it might break your first mod. This makes it difficult to troubleshoot issues.

The XPosed Framework allows modders to make customization packages (mods) which do not technically modify your system files. A good way to think of it is that these changes are done in an emulated way. You can install and uninstall mods without fear that their impact will linger on your system. It's a very powerful and robust modding system and, in my opinion, the way to go for people not wanting to go fully into flashing ROMs.

There is a giant list of XPosed Modules that you can try out. I'm not here to make a review of all the various modules out there, but look for those specifically for KitKat and for TouchWiz (Wanam XPosed is a good place to start).

If you have any more questions on XPosed, just let me know!

Hope this helps!
Kernal: ROM-provided
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.0.0
Baseband: N900PVPECNC5

Asus Eee Pad Transformer (TF101)
ROM: [4.4.2] [ KatKiss #023c ] [Stable]
The Following User Says Thank You to topherk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaice30
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by topherk View Post
Hmmm, where to begin...

First off, you need to be rooted in order to install XPosed. If you aren't comfortable being rooted, then you needn't look any further into this and the rest of my post is a waste...

If you are ok with rooting your phone, then let's go down the rabbit hole!

There are a lot of mods here on XDA. They typically require root access or a custom recovery (TWRP or other) to install. These work really well, but once you install them, they are very difficult to uninstall. And if you install a second mod, it might break your first mod. This makes it difficult to troubleshoot issues.

The XPosed Framework allows modders to make customization packages (mods) which do not technically modify your system files. A good way to think of it is that these changes are done in an emulated way. You can install and uninstall mods without fear that their impact will linger on your system. It's a very powerful and robust modding system and, in my opinion, the way to go for people not wanting to go fully into flashing ROMs.

There is a giant list of XPosed Modules that you can try out. I'm not here to make a review of all the various modules out there, but look for those specifically for KitKat and for TouchWiz (Wanam XPosed is a good place to start).

If you have any more questions on XPosed, just let me know!

Hope this helps!
Thank you sir. I installed it with wanam xposed and got spooked so, I unistalled it. I used the towel root method to root my phone. So, I can keep knox at 0x0. I missed being on xda and I like roms and tweeks but I have a galaxy note 3 of course so me having a custom rom is outta the question. Coming from a galaxy nexus. Thanks for your help. So xposed is a cydia type of app for android stock firmware.