Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Not registering on Network / Wrong IMEI after flashing stock 4.3

OP stevelav

17th June 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Hi, I have just flashed Rooted Note 2 on 4.3 to the latest stock ROM which I downloaded from the SamMobile and now it will not register on the network.

The new version I flashed was the same as the old as i found it with the CSC N7100BTUEMK2 on sam mobile.

I checked the IMEI and it says 00499010640000 in status menu which is different from the one under the battery.

I did not perform a backup of anything as I was not worried about losing any data.

Any ideas what has happened to it and how to get the IMEI correct again?

I understand this is something to do with an efs file but in what way it has become faulty from flashing the same rom I cannot decipher

Any help much appreciated!
Last edited by stevelav; 17th June 2014 at 09:56 PM.
18th June 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 260

812 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelav

Hi, I have just flashed Rooted Note 2 on 4.3 to the latest stock ROM which I downloaded from the SamMobile and now it will not register on the network.

The new version I flashed was the same as the old as i found it with the CSC N7100BTUEMK2 on sam mobile.

I checked the IMEI and it says 00499010640000 in status menu which is different from the one under the battery.

I did not perform a backup of anything as I was not worried about losing any data.

Any ideas what has happened to it and how to get the IMEI correct again?

I understand this is something to do with an efs file but in what way it has become faulty from flashing the same rom I cannot decipher

Any help much appreciated!

From my experience:
1) Reflash the ROM.
2) Flash a custom ROM.

Both worked for me.

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
18th June 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Thanks, I have reflashed the current 4.3 rom UEMK9 and a slightly older UEMK4 with a DEMJ9 radio.

I have tried lots of radios - DM3, XXDME4, XXMI6, XXMJ5, XXMJ2, and some other modem.bin

From what I understand its when you go from newer to older roms that you get IMEI problems, so its prob useless to try pre 4.3

Its all a bit confusing to me and which rom has which radio seems like an arcane mystery.

It is quite possible that I flashed a same version 4.3 rom but my old radio was different and not knowing it was such a minefield on Galaxy phones I never checked that or bothered with a back up.

I may have to resort to paying the people at unlocksamsung online 26 to reset my IMEI

Can anyone tell me, is it just the radio that causes the IMEI problem and should I just trawl through flashing radio zips until my IMEI comes back so I can save the efs file?

BTY everything else seems ok SN is correct and wifi works fine, I just can't get on a network without my correct IMEI

Thx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
efs, imei changed, not registered on network, wrong imei
Previous Thread Next Thread