Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more
Post Reply

Having problems trying to root my 2012 Kindle Fire HD ... please help.

17th June 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dover
Thanks Meter: 4
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_81

Prerooted 7.4.9

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53445270

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

How do I get this on my unrooted Kindle Fire HD 7.4.9? I just bought this http://www.ebay.com/itm/121358102517 and will this make it easier to root since my main problem is I can't get the kindle into Fastboot to root?
17th June 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #12  
Red_81's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St.Louis Metro
Thanks Meter: 625
 
1,135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGuru41

How do I get this on my unrooted Kindle Fire HD 7.4.9? I just bought this http://www.ebay.com/itm/121358102517 and will this make it easier to root since my main problem is I can't get the kindle into Fastboot to root?

Yes. A fastboot cable will make everything much easier. Does the adb reboot bootloader no longer work?
17th June 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dover
Thanks Meter: 4
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_81

Yes. A fastboot cable will make everything much easier. Does the adb reboot bootloader no longer work?

I just got the Kindle Fire HD yesterday and it has never been rooted and is at 7.4.9. I have tried two different guides on XDA to no avail.
17th June 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dover
Thanks Meter: 4
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_81

Yes. A fastboot cable will make everything much easier. Does the adb reboot bootloader no longer work?


With your Prerooted 7.4.9 and the factory fastboot cable what are the steps on getting it on the Kindle Fire HD 2012?
17th June 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #15  
Red_81's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St.Louis Metro
Thanks Meter: 625
 
1,135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGuru41

With your Prerooted 7.4.9 and the factory fastboot cable what are the steps on getting it on the Kindle Fire HD 2012?

It's all in the first post of that thread. I just updated the images for his tool.
17th June 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dover
Thanks Meter: 4
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_81

It's all in the first post of that thread. I just updated the images for his tool.

Thanks Red_81, I appreciate all the help I can get. Ok question for you, it tells me to choose the download I want but I have no idea what one to choose since I am at 7.4.9. Which one of these should I use:

Downloads:
KFHD_SRT_v1.3.5- 7.3.0 (seperate option for restoring factory recovery)
KFHD_SRT_v1.3.0- 7.2.3 (separate option for restoring factory recovery)
KFHD_SRT_v1.2.3- 7.2.3
KFHD_SRT_v1.2- 7.2.1
KFHD_SRT_v1.0- 7.1.5
17th June 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #17  
Red_81's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St.Louis Metro
Thanks Meter: 625
 
1,135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGuru41

Thanks Red_81, I appreciate all the help I can get. Ok question for you, it tells me to choose the download I want but I have no idea what one to choose since I am at 7.4.9. Which one of these should I use:

Downloads:
KFHD_SRT_v1.3.5- 7.3.0 (seperate option for restoring factory recovery)
KFHD_SRT_v1.3.0- 7.2.3 (separate option for restoring factory recovery)
KFHD_SRT_v1.2.3- 7.2.3
KFHD_SRT_v1.2- 7.2.1
KFHD_SRT_v1.0- 7.1.5

Pick any one of them. Replace the images in that one with the ones from my google drive link. Run the bat file.

I'll see about mirroring the other files when I get a chance, but I'm at work and may not have the ability until later tonight.
17th June 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dover
Thanks Meter: 4
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_81

Pick any one of them. Replace the images in that one with the ones from my google drive link. Run the bat file.

I'll see about mirroring the other files when I get a chance, but I'm at work and may not have the ability until later tonight.

Not to sound stupid but I don't need it rooted before running this right, it just has to be in fastboot mode which the cable automatically does correct?
17th June 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dover
Thanks Meter: 4
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGuru41

Not to sound stupid but I don't need it rooted before running this right, it just has to be in fastboot mode which the cable automatically does correct?

And another question, I see that the files in the new 9.4.7 say "stock", does that mean it is just the standard Fire OS or is it modified with the Play Store? Reason I ask is my Kindle Fire HD can't be registered so I wanted to put a custom ROM on it so I can access the Play Store.
18th June 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #20  
Red_81's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St.Louis Metro
Thanks Meter: 625
 
1,135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
You will need to downgrade with the stock images to 7.3.2 (I think) and then follow the instructions for adding the second bootloader and custom recovery. This thread should explain it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2228534

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes